• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Moogiefluff

Moogiefluff

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out! The problem was that I didn't import the files using the 'box' icon. (These: http://niftools.sour...onfig_boxes.gif) Once I did that, I could set the import options correctly and was able to import my skeleton.nif and animation kf successfully. An important tip for anyone reading: You have to change the node name to "NPC" rather than "Bip", otherwise it won't import.

-----------

(Old post text)

I can't import kfs-- I just get the error message "Unrecognized File Type". The plugin is activated, I have the NifTools menu in my UI, and I've converted the files using khxcmd.

I'm using NifTranslator-0.7-Beta4 and Maya2012 x64. Is there a later release of NifTranslator I should get, or am I doing something wrong? I've read the threads here and I feel a bit lost as to which versions are supposed to be up-to-date or working with this version of Maya. Some clarification would be much appreciated by my frazzled brain. :)

Many thanks!

Edited by Moogiefluff, 01 April 2012 - 09:57 PM.

Alecu

Alecu

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,415 posts
It's highly likely that it's not a bug. You just imported the wrong skeleton :thumbsup: . You need a hierarchic skeleton for that :biggrin: . It means that bones have to be parented. I am almost 90% sure that you imported a flat skeleton instead of an hierarchic one.

Moogiefluff

Moogiefluff

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
Um... did you post to the correct topic, Alecu? x)

I'm not sure what you're saying, but the issue was simply that I had not set the import settings correctly. The skeleton was fine- it was the kf (animation) files that were triggering the error.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.103 seconds