Saving Private Tattoo

nepogoda

Hey.

I'm doing a set of tattoos for my character. Edit files using Photoshop and plugin for .dds files. Faced an annoying trifle, folks. These squares/noise/glitches. (English is not my native language, so I do not know what to call them correctly.)

Please tell me which settings will give the best quality when saving a .dds file?

ofMsk.md.png

oFCBr.md.jpg

I use DXT5 for diffuse and normal maps, then 3Dc for speculars. Other people may do something different, but in general I've heard DXT3 and DXT5 are the way to go. I use 3Dc for speculars because it saves with a blueish hue, in GIMP anyway., You could probably also use 3Dc for normal maps.

Hey.
I'm doing a set of tattoos for my character. Edit files using Photoshop and plugin for .dds files. Faced an annoying trifle, folks. These squares/noise/glitches. (English is not my native language, so I do not know what to call them correctly.)
Please tell me which settings will give the best quality when saving a .dds file?

Since you're using Photoshop already is there a particular reason you do not use the Intel Texture Works Plugin? http://gametechdev.github.io/Intel-Texture-Works-Plugin/

It does require Photoshop CS6 and newer. Though I've heard reports that people have got it to work on CS5 with varrying success. If you're on an older version then it won't work. An alternative could be to save an uncompressed and then use Elric from the Creation Kit package to batch convert the different types for you. It just acts as a front end to the texconv program. You could use the newer DX11 BCn versions for the best quality with size saving.