rock0zeppelin

Am I the only one who hates the choices you're given for the endgame? In 3 out of 4 choices you destroy the Institute and in the last one you take over and continue being the villain. Why not take over the Institute and use it to help the Commonwealth? Hell, you could even choose to convince the Brotherhood that the Institute is worth preserving if they're really so in favour of saving technological progress. Plus the Institute's technology can help the Minutemen rebuild and protect the Commonwealth and you can free all the synths so the Railroad can stop having a narc on.

How about during End of the Line while talking to Father you can trigger the beginning of a new quest where you can tell him what the Institute could do to save humanity, starting with the Commonwealth? So you can either convince him or kill him (either smother him with his pillow or turn off his life support) and then assume control, maybe alter his will if he doesn't do it himself, which he would if you manage to convince him. Afterwards you have to hold a meeting to explain to the council what kind of changes there would be, and you can either convince them, manipulate them if you go through an optional process of gathering blackmail on them, or threaten them. Alternatively you can do a hostile takeover if you leave after Father is dead and tell whichever, or all the factions what's happened and what your plan is, then convince them to help you with each faction having a different method of helping you. For example:

1. The Brotherhood just storm the place and take everyone hostage or shoot their way to the board room

2. The Railroad infiltrate with Deacon and one or two others and begin a synth insurgency or better yet hack the computers controlling the Gen 1s and 2s, disabling their defenses and they just walk up to the council meeting room

3 The Minutemen... I don't know, maybe they use their pooled together resources to uncover and open the collapsed tunnels leading from MIT to the Institute below. Then take them over and threaten the Institute they'll inform the whole Commonwealth about the Institute, then let everyone storm the place and tear them apart.

Afterwards, if you include the restored Danse's Dilemma quest if Danse is in charge you partner up with the Brotherhood, giving them access to the Institute so long as they don't overstep their boundaries and if Maxon is in charge he betrays you and you have to kill him and possibly the rest of the Brotherhood.

The Railroad either disbands or they become part of the Institute, helping synths and people diffuse tensions, helping victims of the Institute, etc, etc.

The Minutemen prosper even more and so on. Maybe they reestablish the Commonwealth Provisional Government, idk.

I know this sounds like fan fiction but the vanilla story is so s#*! that almost any fan fiction would be better. And I know as a request this is a very tall order, but I've seen what modders can do. If FO4 didn't have the modding community it would've died a long time ago. This would probably be a joint effort, but if anyone wants to try to do this I'd be more than willing to help with whatever I can, though I can't code in Bethesda's engine.

I agree, this would be awesome.

My idea was basically: do everything up to the point where you plant the bomb on the reactor, but then don't activate it. Instead, just threaten everyone in the Institute that you could, unless they do what you say. This might be the Minutemen option in your list.

I don't think the railroad would just disband like that. Instead, they could take over the institute, pretty much run it at that point. Turn the SRB into the new Railroad office, where they just sit around and argue whenever they should keep making more synths or not.

A new repeatable quest could be to track rogue coursers still on the loose. Maybe the recall and auth codes got lost (Maybe Ayo deleted them) and now you can't order them to return. Get to the dungeon, destroy the gen1s/gen2s. Then try to convince the Courser to disregard the orders and go free (hard speech check). If the check fails, kill him. Otherwise he returns to the Institute and just hangs around for a while, then despawns.