Welcome

Tannin42

Welcome to the first Vortex alpha release.

We hope you enjoy the experience, but please keep in mind that by downloading you are among the first to use this Software so it's bound to be rough around the edges. If you want to send us bug reports or specific improvement requests, please do that through the integrated feedback mechanism and don't be stingy with details.

If you're not sure a problem has been reported by someone else, better report it again than not at all.

This feedback forum is meant primarily as a fallback, in case you're having problems with the integrated mechanism.

If you'd like to discuss a topic with us and the rest of the community, please head over to the discussion forum.

Before you post here, please read the stickied "Known Issues" thread, maybe there is already a solution to your problem.

Another toy from Tannin? Christmas time again already! The import tools are working great and the interface is intuitive. This is looking fabulous already. And this is supposed to be an intro version? I can't wait to see the full package.

Hallo Tannin & Dark0ne

Hallo Mod Community

1st thank you Tannin for MO and MO2 as well for Vortex this new Mod Organisation Tool.

2nd thank you Dark0ne for Nexus in general.

3rd thank you all Community Members as well as makers and contributors for all the mods and feedback to make them all great :smile:.

I have a very basic question which will determine (for me personally) if I will ever use Vortex a successor to MO2 (no matter if it's in alpha, beta or a final release state):

- Does it make use of the Virtual directory and file handling concept and technique like MO got famous for?

- If not I’m very sorry that’s not the tool for me.

I personally will never go back (if I don’t have too) using a Mod Organisation tool (especial on Bethesda games) not using a virtual file handling feature. It's a too great of a hassle to keep the basic game installation clean and not get compromised by broken mods.

2nd: It looks like I can’t find any configuration option to change the download and active Mods directories.

- The 1st maybe because I’m blind and can’t find it, or simply Vortex does not support this feature right now (but hopefully very soon).

For me personally that’s an very important config feature for any software I use. I don't want to flood my OS / System drive with any game data, mod’s, and files (if possible, my windows profile is located on a separate drive letter). Personally I'll try to keep my Mod Downloads on a separated physical HDD/SDD, with a dedicated and organised directory structure (but maybe that’s just me :smile: ).

- The 2nd maybe because Vortex does not make use of a Virtual File Handler.

Sorry if I may sound ungrateful or rude, that’s not my intension, just want you to know what I think and have experienced the 1st 20 minutes using Vortex.

WBR Spawnkiller

Sorry form my bad English, it’s not my native tongue.

Edited by Spawnkiller

Congratulations on the first semi-public release. I've been holding off on starting a few games until this posted. I'm not too worried about game-killing errors, because those can happen modding any Bethesda title.

It's sad, though. Tannin's been too busy to even make an avatar. ...

Hallo Tannin & Dark0ne

Hallo Mod Community

1st thank you Tannin for MO and MO2 as well for Vortex this new Mod Organisation Tool.

2nd thank you Dark0ne for Nexus in general.

3rd thank you all Community Members as well as makers and contributors for all the mods and feedback to make them all great :smile:.

I have a very basic question which will determine (for me personally) if I will ever use Vortex a successor to MO2 (no matter if it's in alpha, beta or a final release state):

- Does it make use of the Virtual directory and file handling concept and technique like MO got famous for?

- If not I’m very sorry that’s not the tool for me.

I personally will never go back (if I don’t have too) using a Mod Organisation tool (especial on Bethesda games) not using a virtual file handling feature. It's a too great of a hassle to keep the basic game installation clean and not get compromised by broken mods.

2nd: It looks like I can’t find any configuration option to change the download and active Mods directories.

- The 1st maybe because I’m blind and can’t find it, or simply Vortex does not support this feature right now (but hopefully very soon).

For me personally that’s an very important config feature for any software I use. I don't want to flood my OS / System drive with any game data, mod’s, and files (if possible, my windows profile is located on a separate drive letter). Personally I'll try to keep my Mod Downloads on a separated physical HDD/SDD, with a dedicated and organised directory structure (but maybe that’s just me :smile: ).

- The 2nd maybe because Vortex does not make use of a Virtual File Handler.

Sorry if I may sound ungrateful or rude, that’s not my intension, just want you to know what I think and have experienced the 1st 20 minutes using Vortex.

WBR Spawnkiller

Sorry form my bad English, it’s not my native tongue.

Mods are deployed using hadlinks. This is very similar to how MO works. Any changes you make to the files in your Mods directory affects. Keep in mind that this means your Mods folder and your game installation have to be on the same partition.

Go to Settings/Mods to set up the directory paths. At the botom of this page there's a Deployment Method option, if you hover over the "i" icon next to it it will explain some basic info about hadlinks.

Functionally it's pretty much identical to how MO2 works.

I know this'll make me sound like an idiot, but how do you actually download files? Associating nxm links with vortex doesn't do anything, and manually dropping urls throws 'URL not usable' exceptions.

Downloading mods with Vortex works fine for me. I dunno what browser you are using but under Settings > Downloads (in vortex) there is a option to fix nexmod links for chrome, so if you're using chrome you should fully exit chrome and try running that.

Mods are deployed using hadlinks. This is very similar to how MO works. Any changes you make to the files in your Mods directory affects. Keep in mind that this means your Mods folder and your game installation have to be on the same partition.

Go to Settings/Mods to set up the directory paths. At the botom of this page there's a Deployment Method option, if you hover over the "i" icon next to it it will explain some basic info about hadlinks.

Functionally it's pretty much identical to how MO2 works.

Hello }{ellKnight,

Thx for the Info and explanation.

Unfortunately, today I cannot log in again with the new version 0.12.7 (0.12.6 worked for me yesterday)

Login Site tells me:

Unfortunately we've reached the limit of allowed clients for this stage of our soft launch.

Please wait for more news about Vortex. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

It’s interesting, I thought it would be 1st come 1st serve principal for alpha test user selection. Maybe a bug or the selection process is different than I thought. Maybe for the better, personally I don’t have much time to test it extensively, so I guess others can contribute much more than me. But I’m definitely looking forward to give Vortex a try after its beta release.

wbr

Spawnkiller

Edited by Spawnkiller