phantasmal chest - location

LorigVeriel

• 6 months later...

I have found it in Brinewater Grotto (in the water) during the quest "Scoundrel's Folly" when you shadoww Gulum-Ei for the Thieves Guild. I could hear chiming from the entrance and it prompted me to look around. Also, it was easy to spot as the cave is rather dark and the chest glows purple.

Any information about its behaviour? Is the location static or does it change at some point (like every second day or so)?

Nm..

The Phantasmal chest randomly transports itself to 1 of 30 locations all across Skyrim and Solsthiem every 24 hours. The locations are completely random but the chest is very apparent and easy to spot, usually positioned above cave entrances or along prominent ridges.

Edited by Crosstieger

Yes, it changes locations.

Any information about its behaviour? Is the location static or does it change at some point (like every second day or so)?

Nm..

The Phantasmal chest randomly transports itself to 1 of 30 locations all across Skyrim and Solsthiem every 24 hours. The locations are completely random but the chest is very apparent and easy to spot, usually positioned above cave entrances or along prominent ridges.

yes, it changes locations. And after you get it, you'll have a new power added to magic/powers - phantasmal chest. shame on me, I didn't check what it actually does. But, as Dianapl1 said, it's easy to spot cause it glimmers in different colors and chimes.