Fanfic One Story at a Time Epic (F1STE)

Maharg67

0.1[1]

A vast celestial battle raged, of an ancient originating war of off-on clashes, as the bloated, criminally insane, GreatEnemy fought against a tight alliance of enemies. The unleashing of vast forces of energies, the use of celestial level technologies, the alterations of reality, phase shifting and other terrible tactics, were vastly beyond mortal comprehension let alone survival. Thus the battlezone was quarantined off from mortals along with immortals.

Edited by Maharg67

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F1STE 1.1[2]

Alisa slipped a little as she scrambled up the pebbly incline in her tough hiking gear, and a small shoulderpack. She cursed a little and then the teenadult was up on a kind of small ridge. From there she could look out from the glowcavern (glowcrystal lit-warmed cavern) and see the metallic stone dome in the distance.

It was surrounded by dark green forest and was in the center of a great basin of ground. She took out the simple map from a big shirt pocket, opened it and saw that according to the map that the alcove cavern she was in was part of the circular basin wall. Back of the glowcavern where three tunnel mouths but none of the group had gone that way as yet.

Benjamin joined her, being eurowhite as she was but with duskier than her. He frowned softly even as he studied the dome with a pair of powerful, compact, smartbinoculars. "Got any idea where we are?"

Alisa shook her head. "I recognise that we are in the Originating Basinland, as it is called on the maps we all woke up with."

Benjamin snorted. "That statement was of no importance at all. That is a hawk circling in the air above." He observed it with the smartbinoculars. "Black-brown patterning of feathers. I used to be a bird watcher and it does not quite fit the description of any type of hawk of the OldEarth. For one thing it is not only big enough to hold a humanoid rider, it has one on its back using some kind of saddle. A very thin, small, angular humanoid which is probably why it can ride a bird. The smartbinoculars scanner indicates the humanoid is about one metre tall and the bird is about 3.2 times its size."

Alisa frowned. "Sounds like a hawk scout of the Elielifolk of the Evergreen Gameworld."

Benjamin responded, with a note of surprise in his voice. "It is one of them, according to the bigger symbol-totems that I can read. I suggest we move slowly backwards, before it sees us."

Which was when very pale white Trevor came scrambling madly into the open, waving his arms with a crazy grin on his face. Alisa slapped him and then shushed him but it was too late. The hawk scout was racing away, though not towards the dome.

Trevor scowled. "I could have got one of the bolt-action rifles and shot it."

Alisa shook her head. "And started a war with what seem to be the deadly Elielifolk, somehow made real, from the Evergreen Gameworld."

Trevor laughed in an irritating fashion. "Yeh, you expect me to believe that."

Alisa gave him a look of pity. "Then you give me a better explanation. From now on move slower and more carefully. You alerted that hawk scout to our being here. We must go back and warn the others."

Trevor sneered. "We go back but don't you slap me again or else."

Alisa just sighed.

Edited by Maharg67

Changed frame backpack to shoulderpack in the above post.

F1STE 1.2[3]

They slid down the pebbly slope and reached where Tanya, Steve, Mulan and Petra were standing, waiting, to hear what Alisa and Benjamin had seen. They had no interest in what Trevor had to say.

Trevor, typically, jumped up and down. "They didn't see nothing, no hawk, nothing! Lies, lies, lies, your pants are on fire!"

Alisa frowned, took out a revolver-pistol, and aimed it at Trevor's head. He seemed oblivious to the threat.

The female voice was mature, strong and motherly. "You do not need to shoot him dead. He is suffering from what others have suffered after materialising in the Originating Basinland. My people can help him. Please come with me, especially if the Elielifolk have detected you. They are not normally hostile, with out good reason, except that they are very territorial and have foolishly lain claim to this whole basinland. They will learn the hard way, as have many others, that it was an unwise action to carry out."

She stood taller than any of the 13 teenadults, who were all the same height of two metres, the females being slimly voluptuous muscular and the males being slimly muscular. The woman was at least 2.5 metres tall with a long hoodrobe of odd metallic silken green material. Her skin was redbrown, her eyes light brown, and her cropped hair was black. She seemed human enough except for the third, closed, eye in the center of her large forehead.

Alisa spoke. "I lead this group of thirteen adventurers seeking adventures of adventurous nature."

The woman smiled. "That is a very positive plan. I am Gaiasister Gaiaselena in service to the Gaiagoddess and the Gaiafolk, along with others of the Originating Basinland and areas relative to that. You each have one big backpack, one duffelbag, one shoulderbag and other items including a few weapons."

Alisa smiled though the smile did not reach her eyes. "We adventurers, in our adventurous adventures, might run into not so nice people. Perhaps we could even go hunting with out bolt-action rifles, revolver-pistols, survival longknives, survival knives and pea shooters."

Gaiaselena smiled. "One has doubts about the pea shooters."

Alisa sighed. "Oh, darned, we left them at home. I told Rory to keep an eye on them."

A young man spoke. "Please forgive me, Alisa, I should have been more careful."

Gaiaselena spoke. "Most amusing but I suggest that you gather up your gear and follow me before Elielifolk warriors appear."

Alisa nodded. "Very well but you walk in front of us."

Gaiaselena sighed. "I was intending to do so for how else could I lead you anywhere."

Alisa grinned. "You got me there!"

Edited by Maharg67

F1STE 1.3[4]

Trevor lay on a podleather bed as made from meatpod skins grown on the side on side of certain types of animals but not to the host animals' detriment. The tent was of odd synthetic kind, being for 10 standard humanoids, what ever that meant. They were easily big enough for the tall adult Gaiafolk, with their forehead situated third eyes, so others there had plenty of room to spare.

Gaiaselena sat on a wood, and podleather, chair next to the semiconscious Trevor. She had her normal eyes closed and her bright green third-eye was open. It was aimed at the Ariser, as the thirteen called themselves. Gaiaselena could-would not talk to them.

Light incense smoke rose up from some odd looking candles and exotic smells filled the tent.

Alisa sat there, on a chair, relaxed in a predatory fashion ready to spring into action at the slightest provocation. Benjamin stood back of her, to one side, as her relaxed predator of a bodyguard.

Gaiasister Gaianita was in many ways almost identical to Gaiaselena. She was pouring water from a wooden jug into clay mugs. "Please relax!"

Alisa smiled. "We are relaxed."

Gaianita smiled. "I do not mean in the way that a cat relaxes when waiting to spring upon a mouse."

Alisa gave the Gaiasister a puzzled look. "I do not know what you mean. This is how we relax."

Gaianita sighed. "Gaiamother Gaiafairia had best speak with you. This is only a GaiaOrder outpost with mostly Gaiasisters tending the needs of pygmalions, oxymorons and oliphants. Created by the Fantasia Fashionista, they were famous at at first but soon became old fashioned and were abandoned here in the Originating Basinland. There are humans here, who materialised as you did, but perhaps you are not truly as they are. You all have the same height and general body shape with differences between the two genders."

Alisa smiled. "We were struck by the need to make a fashion statement like those 'Fantasia Fashionista' that you speak of."

Gaianita sighed. "Please do not make jokes about those monster Fashionlords, as they call themselves in mockery of sane fashion, those misusers of the Zerotech."

Alisa a suddenly just a little more alert. "You said 'Zerotech'. Do you mean as in Zerotowers, Zerocators and such like?"

Gaianita nodded. "Yes, why is that?"

Alisa smiled. "Oh, nothing really. It was just a whim of a question."

Gaianita smiled. "Yes, you do need to speak to Gaiafairia. Please have some water."

Alisa, and Benjamin, each drank three mugs of water, slowly-steadily, before asking for more.

Edited by Maharg67

F1STE 1.4[5]

Trevor was okay, was quietly cleaning his bolt-action rifle. He was not unhappy with Alisa for almost shooting him because it was, according to the thinking of the Ariser13/1/1, practical survival strategy to terminate those who would put at risk the whole team and the mission. Except now all 13 Arisers were considering if other options should have been sought first.

The 13 of them tried to calmly blend into the 3,800 plus population of the outpost settlement of Dinkyblue that stood on the banks of a fast flowing river from which water, fish and other resources were taken. Dinkyblue was at the edge of a great glowcavern, being far bigger than the one that the Ariser13/1/1 had first arisen in. It had a defensive wall with battlements and four guard-towers. It had two inner walls dividing off the three sections from each other. One was the commercial-industrial area, the second was the residential area and the third was the government, temple and hospital area.

The Ariser13 had been led to the commercial area, to the GaiaOrder inpost there, that sat at the edges of the Dinkyblue Markets. There were permanent enclosed stalls there, semipermanent semienclosed stalls and temporary open stands. A goodly range of goods-services were sold but where so called lotech was more common that midtech that was more common than hitech.

Fantama bought a small 2way radio set after selling a rechargeable battery to the same stall owner. She pretended to be cheated by the supposedly clever man like creature while stealing an electric sparkgun from the atman buffoon. As she slipped through the markets, having used a projected illusion to disguise her face, the very hairy atman started to rant-rave about being cheated.

Davis went to a shooting gallery, where the lightly powered bolt-action rifles had been tampered with. He smiled, pretended to be a little clumsy, got 'coaxed' into doubling his fairly large bet. Then he shot down all the targets with amazing speed-efficiency-accuracy. After that he walked away with a whole lot of high value prizes, that is after he had shot the stall owner-operator in the leg with the very rifle he had used to knock down all of the targets.

Benjamin rescued a hungry dog from a beggar and than rescued the hungry beggar to go with the dog because otherwise the dog would miss the beggar and visa-versa.

Mulan came to a false beggar, who supposedly had no legs, and soon had the man dancing as she shot at his feet. She left him with some local coinage after congratulating him on his 'moves'.

Pedro was theoretically mugged by two local trollics, each being three metres tall with light armour boneskin, leaving the two big adult females in a bloody mess while he strolled off casually with all of their valuable goodies.

The thirteen gathered together in a big tent, given over for their use. That is the females Alisa, Mulan, Mondo, Fantama, Tanya, Ashlie and Petra along with the males of Trevor, Benjamin, Davis, Brad, Pedro and Steve. Except for Trevor, they had all fleeced cheating merchants and now they heaped together their easy gained goodies.

Gaiamother Gaiafairia stepped into the tent, had one look at the heap of prizes, and sighed heavily. "Sheriff Gantovarius is not pleased with your actions, especially the beating up of the Ganjo Sisters who were only playing a trollic type prank on one of you and shooting the fool Jakeotoss in the leg, as much as that amused many local folk, it does not go with the law. If local fool merchants try to cheat you, walk away, please do not fleece them of their most valuable goods. They are fools but most of them have families to feed."

Alisa frowned at the Gaiamother. "You are spoiling our fun but for the sake of public relations we will give back 50% of the items we took otherwise those crooked merchants really would have cheated us."

Gaiafairia smiled. "Return all of the goods and the foolish merchants will return all ill gotten gains. Matters will be positively rebalanced and the strongly fair woman sheriff will be relieved. She will even overlook that you shot Jakeotoss because she was looking to throw him in a cell for a month or so because of his cheating ways. What did he do to make you shoot him, who ever did so."

Davis frowned. "Because he called me a deceiving cheat."

Gaiafairia responded. "He was telling the truth, you did trick him."

Davis frowned, looked a little sulky. "Yes but he didn't have to say it, did he?"

The Gaiamother smiled. "The 13 of you are going to be very interesting to work with."

Edited by Maharg67

F1STE 1.5[6]

Alisa spoke from where the Ariser13 sat in a half circle, on cushionseats, facing Gaiamother Gaiafairia and Gaiasister Gaiaselena. Gaianita was out, with other Gaiafollowers, doing good works in the name of the Gaiagoddess.

Alisa spoke. "So what is the scam you have going?"

Gaiafairia smiled. "We Gaiafollowers have no 'scam' but openly, honestly, serve the Gaiagoddess through the Gaiacharter that we all sign as we complete our final trials, training and education as Gaiafollower Initiates. Just over a third of initiates manage to become full Gaiafollowers but at least another third end up working with the Gaiafollowers as Gaiafriends."

Alisa nodded. "I believe you! We once had people like you on our old world."

Gaiafairia: "That is good; what happened to them?"

Alisa shrugged. "They got butchered along with billions of others during the 100 year long Doomswar that ended in the Dozen Doomsdays. In the end there were only cyborgs, clones, avatarcants, androids and a few others of the ilk including those like us. That is splinterclones. We were sent to carry out our Multiquest of primary, secondary, surprise, exotic and constant quests. One secondary quest is to track down any Zerotech, to learn what we can about how it has been used and then destroy it. We are Ariser13/1/1 who are 13 that are almost one that is almost 13. We were sent forwards in timespace mode but somehow got diverted, losing our supertech on the way. Now we are here. Who are the Fantasia Fashionista?"

Gaiafairia: "One criminally insane faction of the self proclaimed living gods-goddesses that are generally known as the Gamegods, of both genders, and the female only Gamegoddesses. The Fantasia Fashionista are a weak, secondary, Gamegod Faction who do not even know the true historical significance of their name. Did young Gaianita tell you of the Zerotech?"

Alisa nodded. "No real harm done. Very few would know about the ramifications of Zerotech."

Gaiafairia shook her head. "Here, in the Originating Basinland, it is well known of for it was an exploding-imploding Zerotower that created the basinland in the first place. Life did not return for over 100 years and there are still areas where either nothing can live or only the toughest of lifeforms can survive such as those thornplants."

Alisa nodded. "We can provide you with a formula that can increase the rate of natural reclamation after such a Zerotech disaster."

Gaiafairia: "We have the formula for XX121!"

Alisa shook her head. "I mean XX129 that can either be used alone or can be used with the easier to make XX121 treatment to enhance the effectiveness of both. It is yours as a gift. Do you have any Gametech around here?"

The Gaiamother nodded. "The XX121 formula will be more than welcome. One basic dispensercube quite close to Dinkyblue but nobody seems to have what it takes to obtain goods from it."

Alisa spoke. "We do and, if it is a basic dispensercube, and can gain quite a lot of tradegoods from it. What gameworld is this?"

Gaiafairia shook her head. "This is no Gamegods built gameworld of Ultimate Virtual Reality. This is the NewEarth as created by the almost total reconstruction of the OldEarth. The NewEarth is far larger, more complicated and more exotic than was the OldEarth."

Alisa shook her head. "Us being here was not supposed to happen but we need must deal with conditions as they are."

Gaiafairia sighed. "What is the primary quest of your Multiquest?"

Alisa gave a mild shrug. "To assist in the destruction of the Gamegods!"

The Gaiamother frowned softly. "I feared you would say something of that nature. You could help cause much more death, destruction, disruption, displacement and despair than there already is."

Alisa shook her head. "The Gamegods are intending to start again by wiping out all of the five fully active gameworlds. Billions of captive lives will be lost and that is only the humans. Count the rest of the lifeforms and you are looking at the loss of trillions of lives. They are losing control of those gameworlds that are becoming more real with every passing year. They also intend to launch a world wide conquest of the NewEarth; that is destroying all those that they see as too detrimental to their cause, to exist, and oppressing-enslaving a great number of others."

Gaiafairia looked thoughtful for a short few minutes before she spoke. "Then we had better do something about it, hadn't we?"

Edited by Maharg67

F1STE 1.6[7]

Despite the Multiquest, the Ariser13 settled down into life in Dinkyblue for the mean while. There they learned about such important matters as the drinking of herbal teas, the snorting of herbal tea through the nostrils and not doing so in front of certain people because it upset them.

The Ariser13 made up matters with the two Ganjo Sisters, giving them some small but valuable gifts, and then training them. The trollic siblings were soon fighting more gracefully, quietly and effectively. The number being trained increased as the Dinkyblue Militia came into existence and gained its first squad13. Soon militia people were being paid a basic allowance by a reluctant, but canny, Dinkyblue Council.

The splinterclones devised an action plan, a battle strategy, that included afternoon naps, seeking to better understand the local world, playing with the local children, weapon checks, training the militiaguards, doing secretive training, getting embarrassed when they admitted they were only 6.5 years old but then explaining they were much older through the splinterclone unity of inheritance that they themselves did not fully understand.

Alisa, and three other splinterclones, went to the large metallic stone dispensercube and obtained from it 10 large person tents, litrejons of pristine water, healing serums, backpacks, general purpose knives in scabbards, concentrated-powdered long-last food rations, coils of thin-strong rope, rolls of healing bandage, firestarters, bright-long burn candles, waterproof survival blankets and a few other items. The menu listing was not very long and only dispensed survival oriented items of a quasimedieval fantasy style.

Most of it was given to the GaiaOrder for only they would fairly use or distribute the goods to local folks. The settlement council was petty-corrupt and could not be trusted enough to take but a relatively small portion of the goods. The red faced, always at least half drunken, mayor was most angry but half way through his ranting-raving, he fell over. His four beefy bodyguards took him away while his mistress-secretary looked upon the mayor with cold disdain as she followed. Her name was Felicia and it was an open secret that she unofficially ruled the council through the mayor.

The Ariser13 secretly slowly-steadily gained more XPs (experience points), CPs (credit points), APs (action points), LPs (luck points), HPs (healing points) and PPs (prize points). Then the Risercube/1 became available with one big 10x10x10 metric cubechamber centered.

Edited by Maharg67

Alisa, Mulan, Mondo, Fantama, Tanya, Ashlie. Petra, Trevor, Benjamin, Davis, Brad, Pedro and Steve.

F1STE 1.7[8]

The Risercube/1 was one great 10x10x10 metric cubechamber subdivided into two sublevels. There were also some alcoves, open doorway antechambers and door equipped offchambers. It was mainly set up with basic fittings, furniture and decorations along with fewer merged fixtures off a special kind.

RPs (Riser points) became added to XPs (experience points), CPs (credit points), APs (action points), LPs (luck points), HPs (healing points) and PPs (prize points). The RPs began at the amount they would have gained if they had been generating from the moment that the Ariser13 had materialised.

Scruffman, the former beggar, was cured of his alcoholism with some shots of PCTS (permanent cold turkey serum) but more so by his own psychological determination to change. Now he was a permanent resident of the Risercube along with Scruffhound the dog. Scruffman turned out to be a bioengineering scientist and a self confessed genius. He was soon running a research program of projects. Project #1 focused on the splinterclones, Project #2 focused on local humans and Project # focused on other groups.

Up to three splinterclones would normally be in the Risercube/1 at any time.

Benjamin and Petra were busy in the lower sublevel with Scruffhound curled up sleeping next to Scruffman. He was studying the 3Dscreen that was showing him a lot of the datafiles, of the Risercube, but not all of it. Mulan was busy in the upper sublevel forbidden to all but the splinterclones.

Nor did he get access to the hidden Multiple Shared Databank (MSDB) that all the splinterclones were linked to as they were to the Multiple Shared Inventory Storage (MSIS), Multiple Shared Energy Storage (MSES) and Multiple Shared Phase Bank (MSPB), all being relatively small of capacity, at that time.

Yet he was impressed with the data that he did have. The Ariser13 did not know the background of Scruffman, though they did know that he had rescued Scruffhound soon after starting his life in Dinkyblue. He had been chased out of the far bigger settlement of Trueblue for reasons he would not specify. The 13 Arisers found themselves trusting the man, and liking him also, with surprising quickness and yet he was not allowed to go into the upper sublevel of the cubechamber.

Scruffman spoke to the two splinterclones there. "A strong-subtle outside influence has me tell you the following. I was a Gamelord, a superclone serving the Gamegoddess herself before she began to go quietly, criminally, insane. I escaped from the Gamehomeworld, pursued by two Gamedemigods along with their nasty followers-minions. They chased me mainly because of the vital data that I stole along with eight power artefacts. The same strong-subtle outside influence that just got me to start speaking also got me to escape the Gamegods' growing madness and to escape those that they sent after me."

Petra spoke. "The Gamegods are planning to restart the five fully active Gameworlds totally and to conquer-oppress the NewEarth that was the OldEarth."

Scruffman nodded. "True but it is truer that the one really doing so is the SecretEnemy that serves the GreatEnemy that does not normally like to gets its tentacles dirty."

Then he had to explain his attempt at a joke to the pair who had never heard the saying 'get one's hands dirty' except in the down to earth reality of actually getting one's handy dirty with real dirt. The two failed to see the second attempt at a joke so Scruffman quietly accepted the truth that he would need to be more careful in the words he used with the splinterclones.

Benjamin spoke. "So who is this SecretEnemy?"

Scruffman smiled. "Nobody seems to know, which is why it is called the 'secret enemy'. Still, it was a good question because I might have known so please do not get upset."

Benjamin spoke with a slight sulkiness to his voice. "I wasn't upset! I take it that the GreatEnemy is also a mystery."

Scruffman paused for a fairly long time before speaking. "There are many strong theories of the truth of the GreatEnemy as based on much work, but the problem is that none seem to gel with the others and some even contradict each other. What do you know of the SecretEnemy and the GreatEnemy."

Benjamin shrugged. "We were sent as part of an effort to destroy the Gamegods but what you have told us could mean a change in our strategy. Problem is we came here as independent of the GreatGame of Games but have been incorporated into them, somehow. We lost all of our supertech equipment and supplies, including our splintership."

Scruffman nodded. "You came from the Gameworld of Skaro where the Splintermass are at constant war with the CyberEmpire and the DalekEmpire."

Petra spoke. "No, a new alliance formed of the Splintermass, Thals and Kaleds against the just as new alliance of the Exori, DalekEmpire and CyberEmpire. It is an irony that while the far less evil Thals and Kaleds created the cybermen and daleks, that the very evil Exori created the less evil splinterclones."

Skaro was one of the fully active Gameworlds slipping out of the control of the Gamegods.

Edited by Maharg67

F1STE 1.8[9]

Splinterclones fed data into the Multiple Shared Databank (MSDB) and retrieved it also, in a direct fashion. Alisa knew what Scruffman had spoken of with out going to the Risercube/1 let alone meeting the former Gamelord scientist. She studied the map, in her mind, of where Scruffman had hidden one of his eight stolen power artefacts. It was relatively close to Dinkyblue but not in the same great glowcavern.

She, Ashli and Brad were moving through a narrow cave tunnel, using intrinsic night-vision and other senses. The three moved with surprising agility, quietness and gracefulness. They pass skeletal remains of a long dead local person in the typical gear of an adventurer. It was the fifth such body that they had passed.

When holes opened in a wall, and out spat tiny darts, they easily avoided the projectiles.

When heavy-sharp pendulum-blades began suddenly to swing across the tunnel, they got past them.

When flame jets shot out of the floor, they leapt and somersaulted over them.

After that Ashli spoke. "Visitors are certainly not welcome here."

Alisa nodded. "We keep on going on."

The fake skeletal warriors, each being some kind of very skinny remote controlled machine, rushed at the newcomers with rusty appearing axes, swords and shields. The fighting was fast and savage. Then the three were in a small glowcavern where stood a heavily armoured mainframe computer and, on a platform, a coppery colour coded Zerobomb.

The mainframe spoke dramatically. "You got me, you beat me, I surrender so just take the Zerobomb already and leave me stranded here with out a real purpose in life. Go, go, I say and leave me destitute. Aaahhh, life has always treated me so harshly."

Alisa spoke. "Very good acting but that is not the real Zerobomb! Our scanners, sensors and senses do not pick up the right vibration from it that it would emanate if it was the real thing. Scruffman sent us here to pick up both you and the Zerobomb. We could take the false one but only after we disarm the hidden macronuke."

The mainframe computer spoke. "Dash, I thought it had only three mininukes...." There was a noticeable pause. "You tricked me, you trickster you."

Alisa smiled. "Be happy for it takes 10 mininukes to equal a macronuke in destructive power, as you would know, so a macronuke would have been far more destructive. Now, what else is of value here? Scruffman gave us security codes so we did not have to come down that tunnel of death but it was amusing to do so. All those fake skeletal remains were an interesting touch."

A secret rock like door slid to one side exposing an alcove like cave chamber. It was large enough to contain the real Zerobomb along with armoured cubecanisters of equipment-supplies. Spare remote skeletal warriors stood in vertical bays, being five of them along with one empty bay.

The mainframe spoke. "Call me Brucecomp. The real bodies got real stinky fast and so I had my remoterobots, alias skeletal warriors, replace them with fake skeletal remains. Perhaps that was a mistake! The five real bodies got a decent burial though they were the worst kind of adventurer, if they were not just monstrous mercenaries. Their recovered gear is in two of those cubecanisters. Now, how will you get us of this, including me, out of here."

Alisa spoke all of the security codes in the proper sequence, detriggering all other booby-traps except those with the fake Zerobomb.

Brucecomp, all the stuff in the alcove, vanished with a soft sparkling shimmer as they went to the Risercube/1. They carefully disarmed the three mininukes with the fake Zerobomb, then the extra two that Brucecomp had clearly not known about so as to stop warning data from being hacked from him. Inside the fake Zerobomb were found some interesting, useful, items. Soon the fake Zerobomb, five mininukes and the other items were in the Risercube.

They sent to the Risercube the all the fake skeletal remains, and the stuff with them, and the downed skeletal remoterobots. The tunnel of death special tricks was deactivated and securely locked off being also well hidden.

Making no assumptions, they did more searching of the chamber. A secret door led to a tunnel that led to a metal door that opened into a large glowcavern.

A large, double bodies, creature seemed at odds with itself as it made its way clumsily across the chamber. It was an oximoron. The tall, thin legged side wanted to go meet the splinterclones but the other wanted to run away from them. The creature promptly fell over and was, just as promptly, picked up by two of the newcomers.

The glowcavern had no other oximorons but it did have a muddy lump of the top of a communal house. Sharing it were tall, meerkat like, humanoids being meernoids who shared their home with actual meerkats. The meernoids were about a metre and a half tall while the meerkats were about half a metre tall as adults.

A meernoid, dressed only in webbing of pouch-item dotted podleather belts, stepped forward. She spoke. "You must be the ones that the GaiaOrder warned us about. Still, I sense no threat about you. Come have something to eat-drink and please bring boxybronxy with you. Perhaps you can help the oximoron in ways that we can not."

Edited by Maharg67

F1STE 1.9[10]

The finding of the Zerobomb gained a big gaming bonus for Ariser13/1/1 as boosted by other successes such as saving of Scruffman, alias Gamelord GamraSagasta who was once the human SageProfessor Antonus Heffron. Another 10mx10mx10m cubechamber was added to Risercube/1 along with its alcoves, antechambers and off chambers. A few hallways linked the parallel placed cubechambers including powerpaths.

Ariser Secondary 13/1/1 arose being AS13/1/1 as one semimobile robocomputer, three cyborgs, three robots, three androids and three cyborg animals. At this time Ariser/13/1/1 became known as Ariser Primary AS13/1/1 or APS13/1/1 as the Arisers came to know that they were part of a game that was evolving-expanding as controlled by who-what? They did not know if it was the Gamegods, or not, but it did not have the 'feel' of them for the splinterclones had had plenty of past dealings with the Gamegods and their followers-minions.

Scruffman had experience with very advanced supercomputers, true robots, androids, cyborg animals and clones, along with much else. So he took the newcomers as being just ordinary. Scruffhound was happy with the newcomers because he got fussed over by even the robocomputer who complimented him nicely. Brucecomp, his twelve remoterobots and other equipment-supplies were very welcome but the remoterobotic skeletal warriors for left in storage for the moment.

The meernoids, meerkats and Boxybronky went into storage except for five adult meernoids and ten adult meerkats. The reason was that something very dangerous, powerful and cunning was hunting for them and other relatively rare species-subspecies to abduct them to some unknown place. At least none in the Originating Basinland who where they any abducted ones had been taken.

Gaiamother Gaiafairia, along with the two Gaiasisters Gaiaselena and Gaianita, was invited to the Risercube.

Edited by Maharg67