Limited Vortex alpha release today, full release soon

Dark0ne

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #57203396. #57204331 is also a reply to the same post.

cortex56 wrote: I downloaded Vortex at 8:02 a.m. -
Using with Skyrim Special Edition.
I imported the mods loaded in NMM, they all imported properly (this also disabled all mods in NMM automatically). I then enabled them, which also worked properly.
The Managed Mods, however, showed "0" Mods managed. I then installed a mod from file and the Managed mods showed "1" mod managed.

The loose file fix, seems to work properly also.

There is a small learning curve for those of us that are not overly endowed in the brain department, however it is very small.
Navigation around the Vortex is simple and pretty easy once you look at it.

I am currently using 142 active plugins, and 170 installed mods. It appears that all imported properly and are working as expected.

I also setup the LOOT and FNIS tools, which was easy and worked as expected.

I like the dashboard along with the tool buttons being right there together. The mods tab and Plugins tab are self explanatory and easy to see your load order.

Once downloaded and setup and mods installed, I was in game at 8:32 a.m. (Very small learning curve indeed).
Good job all.

Edit: Under the mods tab, only the one mod installed from file shows up. None of the imported mods show.
Edit 2: Ok, I see. When you install a mod from file, it places the mod in a different mod folder than NMM. Not a problem really, just more learning curve.
Dark0ne wrote: Thanks for your detailed run down and feedback!

How did you install loot ??, how do i install bodyslide and wryebash etc please cheers.

I just tested it. My first impressions are the UI looks pretty clean, very professional and I like it . Tested a few mods with skyrim and it works without problem. Do you guys have any plan on adding more games like DAI or MGS5?

I don't know if this was intended but using hardlink deployment right now and when disabling a mod, all the files are removed from the game folder as intended but the folders stay when they are empty (eg. meshes).

Also I'm assuming softlink will never work for SSE or Fallout 4?

Edited by RadioactiveStud

Hi!

Installing Vortex to hard-path on disk C: ARE NOT acceptable! Like create temporary games path on {User}{Roaming}. I'm using a group politics and disk quotas to block non-systems processes and file on system disk. Need to provide on setup application option to choosing installing path and working paths.

Thanks!

Nice, the same hideous, barely legible interface that the 'new' nexus uses, now rears its fugly head in 'Vortex' as well. Just perfect. An immediate turn-off, since it looks exactly like the wildly (UN)popular 'new' nexus look. If you were worried Vortex was going force MO on you, that was the least of your worries. They asked the same guy that made the nexus barely usable, and barely legible , if he would skin 'vortex' as well.

What a mess.

Who thought wed want to see nexus news , or latest mods even baked into this? Yes, those can be turned off, but still.

1/10

In response to post #57206506.

PirateZ86 wrote: I just tested it. My first impressions are the UI looks pretty clean, very professional and I like it . Tested a few mods with skyrim and it works without problem. Do you guys have any plan on adding more games like DAI or MGS5?

Yes, we certainly hope to add support for more games once we can get the core application stable.

In response to post #57207131.

Mebantiza wrote: Nice, the same hideous, barely legible interface that the 'new' nexus uses, now rears its fugly head in 'Vortex' as well. Just perfect. An immediate turn-off, since it looks exactly like the wildly (UN)popular 'new' nexus look. If you were worried Vortex was going force MO on you, that was the least of your worries. They asked the same guy that made the nexus barely usable, and barely legible , if he would skin 'vortex' as well.

What a mess.

Who thought wed want to see nexus news , or latest mods even baked into this? Yes, those can be turned off, but still.

1/10

Sounds like you didn't even try to use it. Also I don't see what's wrong with the UI. It's super easy to use. Edited by RadioactiveStud

Will it be possible for someone to add support for OpenMW's multiple data files directories? For those who don't know, OpenMW supports Mod Organizer style data directories where each mod is in its own folder and it'd be great if Vortex could be modified to install mods in this way. Also, will it be Windows-exclusive or no?