Limited Vortex alpha release today, full release soon

Dark0ne

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #57207691.

Yusei0 wrote: I Like Vortex inself Overlay etc but i dont like it becurse i cant change my Load Order By Hand. I Hope it will be added i really dont what give controll over my Load Order to "LOOT"

Second this. I was just about to post same thing.
Is there a manual load adjustment?

In response to post #57207691. #57208691 is also a reply to the same post.

Yusei0 wrote: I Like Vortex inself Overlay etc but i dont like it becurse i cant change my Load Order By Hand. I Hope it will be added i really dont what give controll over my Load Order to "LOOT"
cortex56 wrote: Second this. I was just about to post same thing.

Under dependencies, I found you are able to change the meta data as far as load after. This will work for manual load ordering, however, it is not very user friendly for a large mod list. A move up or down arrow in front of each plugin name would be awesome if possible.

In response to post #57203396. #57204331, #57205856 are all replies on the same post.

cortex56 wrote: I downloaded Vortex at 8:02 a.m. -
Using with Skyrim Special Edition.
I imported the mods loaded in NMM, they all imported properly (this also disabled all mods in NMM automatically). I then enabled them, which also worked properly.
The Managed Mods, however, showed "0" Mods managed. I then installed a mod from file and the Managed mods showed "1" mod managed.

The loose file fix, seems to work properly also.

There is a small learning curve for those of us that are not overly endowed in the brain department, however it is very small.
Navigation around the Vortex is simple and pretty easy once you look at it.

I am currently using 142 active plugins, and 170 installed mods. It appears that all imported properly and are working as expected.

I also setup the LOOT and FNIS tools, which was easy and worked as expected.

I like the dashboard along with the tool buttons being right there together. The mods tab and Plugins tab are self explanatory and easy to see your load order.

Once downloaded and setup and mods installed, I was in game at 8:32 a.m. (Very small learning curve indeed).
Good job all.

Edit: Under the mods tab, only the one mod installed from file shows up. None of the imported mods show.
Edit 2: Ok, I see. When you install a mod from file, it places the mod in a different mod folder than NMM. Not a problem really, just more learning curve.
Dark0ne wrote: Thanks for your detailed run down and feedback!
madpaddy wrote: How did you install loot ??, how do i install bodyslide and wryebash etc please cheers.

In the dashboard, near bottom of page, you will see tools buttons. You can add any you want. Just navigate to the exe for the tool you want to add.

In response to post #57207131. #57207521 is also a reply to the same post.

Mebantiza wrote: Nice, the same hideous, barely legible interface that the 'new' nexus uses, now rears its fugly head in 'Vortex' as well. Just perfect. An immediate turn-off, since it looks exactly like the wildly (UN)popular 'new' nexus look. If you were worried Vortex was going force MO on you, that was the least of your worries. They asked the same guy that made the nexus barely usable, and barely legible , if he would skin 'vortex' as well.

What a mess.

Who thought wed want to see nexus news , or latest mods even baked into this? Yes, those can be turned off, but still.

1/10
RadioactiveStud wrote: Sounds like you didn't even try to use it. Also I don't see what's wrong with the UI. It's super easy to use.

I'm with Mebantiza here. Vortex, along with the new nexus, is very poorly designed and laid out. It just seems like a worse looking, less user friendly version of ModDrop(Which is where I'm moving if Nexus doesn't get their s#*! together tbh)

Regardless of whether I like or not or it was only in half releae, remains to be seen , I wasn't one of ones , who wasn't able to have a testing try of this, And I would've like to , ..

Its 8:21 am thursday 1 feb Aussie time here , so now the file is hidden , I know they said limited testing , but I think it was a little too limited.. were random people chosen and notified by email ? .

when I woke this morning and only just got the notification about it , it was practically all over , ..

So I 'll just have to wait now till rull release ...

Edited by jaderiver

In response to post #57207691. #57208691, #57208836 are all replies on the same post.

cortex56 wrote: Second this. I was just about to post same thing.
cortex56 wrote: Under dependencies, I found you are able to change the meta data as far as load after. This will work for manual load ordering, however, it is not very user friendly for a large mod list. A move up or down arrow in front of each plugin name would be awesome if possible.

yes that was NMM have i really dont get why Vortex dont have it and i asked in Forum No Way atm switched back to NMM

In response to post #57209051. #57209321 is also a reply to the same post.

jaderiver wrote: Regardless of whether I like or not or it was only in half releae, remains to be seen , I wasn't one of ones , who wasn't able to have a testing try of this, And I would've like to , ..
Its 8:21 am thursday 1 feb Aussie time here , so now the file is hidden , I know they said limited testing , but I think it was a little too limited.. were random people chosen and notified by email ? .
when I woke this morning and only just got the notification about it , it was practically all over , ..
So I 'll just have to wait now till rull release ...
masternetra wrote: No, they tell how it works in the message, first 200 unique downloads at a time. While you slept other people from other parts of the world are up you know. People just clamoring for it is all. It's hidden again, next opening will be 10pm GMT time.

It's going to open again in half an hour. Be ready. :P

9:00 AM your time. (or a few minutes after - just keep refreshing) Edited by sirjesto

In response to post #57207131. #57207521, #57209031 are all replies on the same post.

Mebantiza wrote: Nice, the same hideous, barely legible interface that the 'new' nexus uses, now rears its fugly head in 'Vortex' as well. Just perfect. An immediate turn-off, since it looks exactly like the wildly (UN)popular 'new' nexus look. If you were worried Vortex was going force MO on you, that was the least of your worries. They asked the same guy that made the nexus barely usable, and barely legible , if he would skin 'vortex' as well.

What a mess.

Who thought wed want to see nexus news , or latest mods even baked into this? Yes, those can be turned off, but still.

1/10
RadioactiveStud wrote: Sounds like you didn't even try to use it. Also I don't see what's wrong with the UI. It's super easy to use.
OnyxSix wrote: I'm with Mebantiza here. Vortex, along with the new nexus, is very poorly designed and laid out. It just seems like a worse looking, less user friendly version of ModDrop(Which is where I'm moving if Nexus doesn't get their s#*! together tbh)

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.