Character Overhaul Wackiness

SharkerAC

I'm getting a problem with OCOv2 that I haven't seen anywhere. OBSE is working properly, as is blockhead. However, all the faces are completely crazy. Argonians and Kajjiit are just blacked out with no eyes, imperials are bald and the rest of the races have no face at all just floating eyes and teeth. The only thing I can think is that the texture files are not being drawn upon correctly but I don't understand what would cause that as I am pretty sure it was installed correctly.

Where is Oblivion Character Overhaul.esp in your load order? If it's not at the bottom try moving it there and see if that changes things.

Edited by Striker879

How did you install? Do you use any of the body replacers (e.g. HGEC or Roberts Male)? How are you confirming that OBSE and Blockhead are working? What form of archive invalidation are you using?

NMM. Not using the body replacers atm. I know OBSE is working because I have another mod that requires it and that mod is working fine. If I take away the character overhaul and start a new game, I can move around freely in the character creation screen as it advertised, and the blockhead is in the proper plugins file.

Now, what is archive invalidation? maybe that has something to do with it

Edited by SharkerAC

Archive invalidation is a method used by replacer type mods (and mods that use both ESPs and replacer type methods like OCO v2) to get the game to use assets added by the mod to replace assets that the game has in the vanilla game BSA files (e.g. Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa). I don't know if NMM handles it automatically or not (I've never even laid eyes on NMM once), but I'm pretty sure it has a way to implement it. BSA Redirection is the method of choice.

Additionally if you use the Steam version of the game you will likely need to reset the vanilla game BSA file's timestamps to year 2006 (Steam changed the dates to modern ones and broke BSA Redirection ... it relies on file timestamps to insure the game uses newer assets instead of older assets such as the ones found in the vanilla game BSA files). A simple check of the vanilla game BSA dates will tell if that is a problem that needs addressing or not.

Make a save and confirm that you have two saves each time you save (e.g. MySave09.ess and MySave09.obse). Look in your Data\OBSE\Plugins folder and confirm you have a file there named Blockhead.ini (Blockhead creates the file the first time it successfully runs).

The best mod manager for Oblivion is Wrye Bash. It includes a feature that is exclusive to WB called the bashed patch that is the simplest and most effective way to resolve mod conflicts.

Was OCO v2 the last mod you installed, or did you install other mods after you installed it?

I haven't installed any mods after this one. There are two saves being made(.ess and .obse) so I think its safe to say that OBSE at least is functioning fine. however blockhead isn't creating the ini file.. even though it seems to be working when I am at the character creation screen.

Edited by SharkerAC

Confirm that you have Data\OBSE\Plugins\Blockhead.dll and you could also check the OBSE.log to see if it is starting Blockhead (the log is found in your Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder).

- Edit - Should be something like this:

checking plugin G:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\\Blockhead.dll
SetOpcodeBase 000027F0
RegisterCommand SetBodyAssetOverride (27F0)
RegisterCommand GetBodyAssetOverride (27F1)
RegisterCommand ResetBodyAssetOverride (27F2)
RegisterCommand GetFaceGenAge (27F3)
RegisterCommand SetFaceGenAge (27F4)
RegisterCommand SetHeadAssetOverride (27F5)
RegisterCommand GetHeadAssetOverride (27F6)
RegisterCommand ResetHeadAssetOverride (27F7)
RegisterCommand RefreshAnimData (27F8)
RegisterCommand SetAgeTextureOverride (27F9)
RegisterCommand ResetAgeTextureOverride (27FA)
RegisterCommand ToggleAnimOverride (27FB)
plugin G:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\\Blockhead.dll (00000002 Blockhead 0A032008) loaded correctly
Edited by Striker879

Ookay found it. Thank you.

Says it loaded correctly?

OBSE: initialize (version = 21.4 010201A0)
oblivion root = D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Oblivion\
config path = D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\obse.ini
plugin directory = D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\
checking plugin D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\\Blockhead.dll
SetOpcodeBase 000027F0
RegisterCommand SetBodyAssetOverride (27F0)
RegisterCommand GetBodyAssetOverride (27F1)
RegisterCommand ResetBodyAssetOverride (27F2)
RegisterCommand GetFaceGenAge (27F3)
RegisterCommand SetFaceGenAge (27F4)
RegisterCommand SetHeadAssetOverride (27F5)
RegisterCommand GetHeadAssetOverride (27F6)
RegisterCommand ResetHeadAssetOverride (27F7)
RegisterCommand RefreshAnimData (27F8)
RegisterCommand SetAgeTextureOverride (27F9)
RegisterCommand ResetAgeTextureOverride (27FA)
RegisterCommand ToggleAnimOverride (27FB)
plugin D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\\Blockhead.dll (00000002 Blockhead 0A032008) loaded correctly
patched
loading from C:\Users\Archibaldwaldrop\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves\Save 17 - Archcullen Rundia - City Isle, Level 17, Playing Time 21.31.19.obse
Reading mod list from co-save
Loading strings
Loading array variables
Edited by SharkerAC