Install problems plus others, can't submit feedback so posting here

kojak747

Ok, hasn't gone well.

During installation it was scanning for games - it had already discovered the games i was wanting to use (SSE) so i hit stop search.

Tried to activate SSE manage thing, got a failed error, says

Mod directory missing: C:\SteamLibrary\Steam\SteamApps\content\app_489830\depot_489833\data

I manually added that data folder - got more errors about missing files like configfont,txt. Looks like Vortex is looking for stuff that isn't there.

Tried uninstalling/re-installing, still the same problem

Will keep trying, probably something stupid im not doing

Also, couldn't submit feedback via Vortex in built feedback thing - 500 internal server error

fwiw , my actual SSE install is at C:\SteamLibrary\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition

Edited by kojak747

EDIT/Update:

Lets say, for instance, if in the past I had need of an earlier skyrimse.exe because Beth and Skse and stuff. Say i had that skyrimse.exe floating about in my hard drive in the appcontent 489833 thingymabob location above ^ PLUS I also have my skyrimse.exe for my current live SSE game.

If vortex found that errant exe first, could that be causing my problems?

I'd test it out but I can't find the vortex application anymore.

I'm usually pretty good with computers btw.

Been a long day.

Edited by kojak747

Ok, fixed it. The thing I said above was the problem. I removed the duplicate skyrimSE.exe from that appcontent folder above, re-ran vortex installer and got it all working properly.

Phew.

So, note to Tannin n that for future, during installation, the user may have more than one copy of the same executable on their system. Might be an idea to see if there's a way to keep an eye out for that.

Cheers