Vortex Feedback

Deleted42240165User

The dashboard, to me, feels unnecessary and an overwhelming/confusing first step for someone to stumble into when loading up a mod manager. I'm not particularly interested in all these tabs and other features when I come to the Nexus for those sorts of details. I just want Vortex to manage mods, that's all I want any mod manager to do.

The opening homepage on boot-up when no games are selected to be managed should be the Games tab. The opening page on boot-up when games are selected should be the Mods page of the last game you had selected.

Downloads and Mods should be on the same page, it's going to become very tedious swapping back and forth between these pages when you go on crazy modding sprees for games.

It's not obvious that the game selected in the top left is actually a clickable box which can be changed with another game. It simply comes off as a "play game" button at first glance. I only know this because I went curiously clicking on everything and was never prompted that's what it does.

Buttons such as "Auto-sort Enabled", "Sort Now" and "Manage Dependencies" are way too small and difficult to read with that white text on an orange background. They need to be increased in size and either changed to have black outlines on the text or just be changed to black text.

Edited by Guest

For reference downloaded (but not installed) mods show up on the Mods panel as "uninstalled". I typically don't pay any attention to the "downloads" panel in Vortex unless I'm impatiently waiting for a big download.

No comment on the rest. I think it's good feedback :)

not to compare mod organizers but I was hoping for the UI from Wrybash and the flexability on MO. The UI of Vortex is very confusing, Way too much nonsense. I just want to be able to install mods with this tool but Vortex is trying to be like a web page, We have nexus for news and mod info ect. I know That I'm not really posting evidence right now because it is late but I have found nothing about Vortex that excites me so far.