Fallout4VR causes error with gamebryo-plugin-management extension "game not supported"

dj4822

In case anyone is intending to use this with fallout4vr, I've run into an issue where the gamebryo plugin manager gives an error "game not supported" with Fallout 4 VR.

If you ignore that error and tell it "I won't whine" and then again when you click "plugins, from there it looks like I can edit the load order by setting dependencies

On the other hand, you can run vortex with that plugin disabled, but now you can't edit control any plugins for any bethesda game.

Maybe has to do with Loot not having a fo4vr masterlist or support?

Not sure, but just keep that in mind.

In case anyone is intending to use this with fallout4vr, I've run into an issue where the gamebryo plugin manager gives an error "game not supported" with Fallout 4 VR.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

If you ignore that error and tell it "I won't whine" and then again when you click "plugins, from there it looks like I can edit the load order by setting dependencies

On the other hand, you can run vortex with that plugin disabled, but now you can't edit control any plugins for any bethesda game.

Maybe has to do with Loot not having a fo4vr masterlist or support?

Not sure, but just keep that in mind.

There isn't even a Fallout 4 VR section on the nexusmods site, it might just be there preemptively.

Does Fallout 4 VR even support mods?? I thought beth had said "no"????

Fallout 4 VR uses mods just like old Fallout games used mods. In fact, the VR game can even have the creation club option opened, though you cannot connect, you can still turn on/off mods.

There isn't even a Fallout 4 VR section on the nexusmods site, it might just be there preemptively.

Many of the standard FO4 mods work with VR. 266 of 311 tested are compatible. They've added a VR sub-category for VR specific mods too.

We're basically at the point with VR that FO was at before the CK and F4SE was launched.

It's been great. We've used a user-updated NMM which added the VR as a game and redirected nexus fallout 4 downloads to the VR version.

We're all very stoked about the possibility of a fully supported mod manager!