Help With FO4Edit, Adding PlayerFaction To Make Enemies Friendly?

I've been using a few mods for a while that cause certain enemies to become friendly. I've taken a look at these mods in FO4Edit, and it appears that all they did was add "PlayerFaction "Player Faction" [FACT:0001C21C]" in XNAM - Relation and changed the Group Combat Reaction of that to Ally or Friend.

I've been trying to create an ESP for myself in FO4Edit that includes Deathclaws, Rad Scorpions, Mirelurks, Molerats, Yao Guais, Radroaches, Bloodbugs, Bloatflies, and Stingwings. (I'll get around to adding DLC nasty creature types later). I want them all to be completely friendly to me, and anyone else I'm friends with.

The reason for this is the other mods I use already make ragstags, ghouls, dogs, and wolves friendly to me and I only want to kill humans & robots in this play-through.

I even went as far as trying to add other factions to their lists to try to make it work! The CaptiveFaction, DogmeatFaction, PlayerAllyFaction, and PlayerFriendFaction.

Nothing is working.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or why it may not be working?

Mods I'm currently using that are what I want done to other enemies:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3208 - Docile Radstags

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20381 - Friendly Ghouls

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19754 - NMDD - No More Dead Dogs

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18219 - Less Aggressive Wolves

Edited by amber1019

Tried that. After spending 4-5 hours in FO4Edit trying different things, I turned to the CK. Something I was hoping I wouldn't have to do. Spent 2-3 hours watching videos and trying to figure out how the CK works.

I think I may have figured it out. After creating it and adding it to my plugin list, it seems to work how I want in-game...

I'm just concerned about it messing up quests, mainly. I didnt mess with anything that started with "MQ" (though I don't recall there being anything).

When I look at the mod I made compared to other mods that are similar, the changes are different.

The rest of the mods seem to be editing "Faction" and "XNAM - Relation", while my mod edits "Non-Player Character (Actor)" and "SNAM - Faction" and "AIDT - AI Data".

Edited by amber1019

• 2 weeks later...

Factions are absolutely shot. I used a script to make Institute friendly with player and workshop npcs explicitly. Around 6 factions modified. And it no works. Problem is (and this I've been told) that if any of those factions are enemies with other factions that are friends or allied with any associated factions on either side, they remain enemies. It's like a big heirarchal mess.

I'm yet to go back and look at it and table up all the associated factions for that script I made and work it all out. And frankly I don't look forward to it.

The factions do seem to be a chain that needs 100% reciprocity and triangulation to be predictable, which is also affected by NPC AI Aggression and Assistance posture:

PlayerFaction Ally to 2ndFaction && 2ndFaction Ally to PlayerFaction = all OK

PlayerFaction Ally to 2ndFaction && 2ndFaction Neutral to PlayerFaction = 2ndFaction Aggression 0/1 NPCs will be neutral, Aggression 2/3 NPCs will attack.

PlayerFaction Ally to 2ndFaction && 2ndFaction Hostile to PlayerFaction = 2ndFaction Aggression 0/1/2/3 NPCs will attack.

Now factor in AI Assistance from a 3rd faction and its gets all Dr Seuss:

PlayerFaction Ally to 2ndFaction && 2ndFaction Neutral to PlayerFaction && 3rdFaction Hostile to PlayerFaction && 3rd Faction Ally to 2ndFaction ...

2nd Faction Aggression 2/3 NPCs will attack as above

2nd Faction Aggression 0/1/2/3 && Assistance 1/2 NPCs will attack Playerfaction if their chums in 3rdFaction are in combat

... so when your thinking factions also consider AI Attributes or posture.

Edited by SKK50

I actually created something with the CK that works well enough for me. Since it's the first thing I ever created with the CK, there were a couple things I edited that were unnecessary (like audio templates or some such??? they were under "actors" so, whatever...) but it doesn't seem to effect anything... yet. lol

I also added a few other things to be friendly for sanity sake. Like, caravan guards to be friendly with the bugs and such. I was getting annoyed seeing them walk down roads and suddenly attacking seemingly friendly things.

I would post the file here, but I'm not sure what the rules are with people posting their work on the forum. If someone took my mod and put it up as their own somewhere, I'd be pretty ticked off.

So, thanks everyone!!! :laugh: