Managing the Load Order...

acdover

I like Votex's new rule based load order management system. But when it comes to sorting hundreds of mods, manual drag and drop sorting is really valuable. I truly believe Vortex should implement this feature in the next major update. Maybe add a setting like advanced mode to enable and disable manual plugin sorting, for the people really depends on it.

Also, I'm totally fine with Votex's current state & since I don't have time to play with mods and manually adjust them, This new plugin sorting system suit me perfectly. I'm just speaking out for those who really want it.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Votex's new rule based load order management system. But when it comes to sorting hundreds of mods, manual drag and drop sorting is really valuable. I truly believe Vortex should implement this feature in the next major update. Maybe add a setting like advanced mode to enable and disable manual plugin sorting, for the people really depends on it.

Also, I'm totally fine with Votex's current state & since I don't have time to play with mods and manually adjust them, This new plugin sorting system suit me perfectly. I'm just speaking out for those who really want it.

That has already been proposed, and then rejected by Tannin. Apparently, he seems to think that giving this ability to people would cause more problems than it would solve...... Even though that is the way folks have been doing it for more than a decade.......

Not to early to judge the missing load order feature though since, alpha or not, Tannin says he won't put it in.

Its fine by me tho, I will just sit back and pop a beer while I watch the new mod manager fail in an entertaining way because of the stubbornness of its developers.

Maybe its perfect for them but at this point I would say its definitely not for at least 75% of the people that got to use it and that's, well...

Glad I can stick with Nexus Mod Manager still, at least they haven't killed that yet.

Also Tannin working for Nexus team now doesn't get rid of the chances of some one else will start working on an actually good mod manager that eventually replaces NMM/MO/Vortex, and that actually listens to the community, in fact, who knows, Vortex might just be be the inspiration that some one out there needs to start making one..

Nobody really needs to cook up a new mod manager to compete against Vortex. It already exists in the form of Wrye Bash.

Not to early to judge the missing load order feature though since, alpha or not, Tannin says he won't put it in.

Its fine by me tho, I will just sit back and pop a beer while I watch the new mod manager fail in an entertaining way because of the stubbornness of its developers.

Maybe its perfect for them but at this point I would say its definitely not for at least 75% of the people that got to use it and that's, well...

Glad I can stick with Nexus Mod Manager still, at least they haven't killed that yet.

Also Tannin working for Nexus team now doesn't get rid of the chances of some one else will start working on an actually good mod manager that eventually replaces NMM/MO/Vortex, and that actually listens to the community, in fact, who knows, Vortex might just be be the inspiration that some one out there needs to start making one..

Nobody really needs to cook up a new mod manager to compete against Vortex. It already exists in the form of Wrye Bash.

Well, a mod manager is, guess what, about managing mods. Sorting plug-ins manually is also about managing mods. If Tanninsky doesn't want to add the possibility to Vortex to manually sort plug-ins he's making a mod manager that only half-manages mods.

I'll gladly turn to Wrye Bash again now that the latest Beta for Fallout 4 does a wonderful job. Thanks for reminding us, Arthmoor.

Oh, its updated now, I kept the old version in my FO4 folder, might as well give that a try now, thanks.

just to add after spending some time doing a new mod install for fallout 4, this no manual order really feels like what MS did with windows 8, this is the UI we think you need so we are removing how you used windows for last 20yrs. MS learned fast that forcing that change didn't work well for them. i hope the feedback is taken to heart on this issue that forcing this change is instead easing it in with both systems is not the way to go

Deleted some posts. I'm not going to tolerate s#*! talking/personal attacks/rude remarks towards Tannin here at all, so you can cut that out right now.

Anyone else doing it is going to get a posting ban or worse.

Constructively discuss your perceived issues by all means but when you get rude, we'll simply remove your comments or do more, as necessary.

You've been warned.