How do I go back to NMM?

RockGodOne

Hate that there seems to be no fomod support and no way to accept or decline each file from a mod, if another mod has already touched that file. There is only Enable or Disable with mods. So until Vortex has these very basic functions available, it's back to NMM. Only Ive never used another mod manager before and don't know how to reapply my NMM profile so that my mods are handled by NMM again. All my mods are still there in NMM, and I uninstalled Vortex, yet when I try to download a mod, nothing happens. It gives me the usual popup but nothing further happens and launching the game from SKSE64 tells me that I have no mods installed upon attempting to load a save. Can anyone help me? This Vortex thing is a huge disaster and disappointment to me...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It very much does support fomod,

EibpcGor.png

And you can deal with conflicts with the dependancies column, and click the red lighting bolt

63lbZbN.png

After using that, you hit the deploy button, and it will put the mods in the right place based on the rules you set with that UI.

@NoShotz, apparently fomod support is only available if you DIDNT import your mods, like I did. No idea why that is the case. Seems to defeat the purpose of importing mods. What if I want to change options later? Also I was talking about per-file deployment as HardwareSc8 said. What you show is per-mod deployment. It's everything from the mod or nothing from the mod. You cant mix mods like you can with NMM. NMM will ask if you want to overwrite a file that the mod youre trying to install affects. You can say yes or no to keep that file untouched in order to keep the other mod using it.

In any case, I already fixed my problem.

• 4 months later...

@RockGodOne: Not sure what you mean. When you import mods you can choose to import archives as well. Vortex imports the mod exactly like you had it in NMM, with the same settings. If you want to rerun the installer you need to have the archive imported and then reinstall the mod.

Per-file overrides will be in the next major release (0.16).

What's stopping you from going back to NMM? The only thing you have to do is start up NMM again and check the "associate with nxm links" checkbox (or whatever it's called) in settings, so nmm handles those links.

Not much more to it.

• 3 months later...

@RockGodOne: Not sure what you mean. When you import mods you can choose to import archives as well. Vortex imports the mod exactly like you had it in NMM, with the same settings. If you want to rerun the installer you need to have the archive imported and then reinstall the mod.

Per-file overrides will be in the next major release (0.16).

What's stopping you from going back to NMM? The only thing you have to do is start up NMM again and check the "associate with nxm links" checkbox (or whatever it's called) in settings, so nmm handles those links.

Not much more to it.

I cant open nmm and I cant use vortex, too many conflicts with import and now my game is unplayable. thanks

Guest deleted34304850

why can't you open nmm? did you delete it from your system or do you mean that you cannot use nmm to download and install a mod?

if it's the latter, all you need to do is associate the filetype with nmm - its a 2 second change. if it's the former, then that's on you.

thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i hate vortex you have made it so difficult with nmm to install and uninsall mods was so easy because with vortex i still have mods running that have been uninstalled and deleted how can this be when the file no longer exist on the mod manager please please go back to us running nmm and get rid of that pile of shite vortex sorry bot the language but this vortex is the worst program i have ever come across and im 50 n been modding for years now why change something that already works for something that is crap like changing a lambo for a nissan note ............