How do I go back to NMM?

RockGodOne

The Nexus had a fine mod manager in Nexus Mod Manager and I don't know who talked them into it, but they needed a new mod manager for some or other reason. Something 'future proof', something that looked good. And whoopie, NMM was dumped in favour of a manager based on Mod Organizer instead of on NMM.

For me, the only thing 'future proof' about Vortex are the problems you'll have with it. Both in developing and in using. And in handling user complaints. Ameliorating software should make things more easy, not more complicated. I prefer NMM for the same reason the OP referred to: the possibility -without having to read tutorials and sift through wikies- of choosing which files to keep and which to let be overwritten when installing mods that touch the same files other mods installed. Like I said somewhere else before, it took Vortex four bleedin' years to get where it's at, so I'll probably try it again in another four years from now. For the rest, see if I care about the elitistic crap a lot are selling here. Happy with NMM. And yes, I have to use LOOT to sort plugins, but so do Vortex users since it has LOOT integrated.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So.... I thought this was a thread of how to go back to NMM and import all the mods to it like vortex had for importing mods from NMM to vortex...

I don't suppose there's a thread of how to do that?

I'm afraid you'll have to ask the NMM Community devs about that functionality. As far as I know it doesn't exist. (I wouldn't be too confident in NMM's ability to do it cleanly anyway).