Mods not working/showing up

VernSCooper

So, after a few months of forgetting I have Fallout in my library, I decided to install it again, add my beautiful mods (Because this game is extremely boring and empty without them) and see if I can get into it.

I followed every step as usual to enabling and installing the mods. Edit the 2 ini files in my Documents. Rollback the game's version because of the Creation Club mess. Download Fallout 4 Script Extender, any necesarry mods such as AWKCR and so forth.

The problem or atleast confusion is when I started the game. Simply putting it.. none of the mods were there. It's like I haven't installed anything. I tried many version of F4SE, updating NMM, sorting the list with LOOT, and a clean reinstall of Fallout. I don't know what to do anymore.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you for your time! :)

• 2 months later...

I hope to hear an answer on this. There are a few threads, but they are old. I have the same problem. Spring cleaning, for one, stopped working. As did CBBE. Spring cleaning was working just this morning. I didn't change anything on it. NMM shows the mods as all active. In the game, when I click on mods, and then load order, they show as active. But in-game they clearly aren't. I have no idea why.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It is very difficult to coordinate the versions of F4, F4SE, Unofficial Patch and so many mods. I have given that up and now take the latest, including Creation Club, and what I have from that gives no trouble at all. There are many mods that only alter very specific things, some of which I regard as essential for enjoying the game because they take out lots of tedium (Easy Lockpicking, No Settlement Attacks etc), and these also give no trouble. However, new settlements that even touch on plot areas can cause those plots to malfunction and very general mods are unpredictable. For example, I find Scrap Everything very useful, but I have learnt the hard way not to use it in certain areas because it does not do the job completely and/or permanently. There should be a review of the workshop building mods, too, so that we don't separately have to go through them all only to find so much overlap (where they are still working at all).