How would one add an existing item to Legendary Lists?

Manan6619

I would like to know if there are any tutorials or other resources out there for adding gear to the legendary lists. If, for example, I have modded gear(e.g. DKS-501 Sniper Rifle) that is integrated into vendors, enemies, etc. but will not appear as a legendary drop, how would I go about making that have a chance to appear on legendary enemies? I suppose the same could go for existing items that are capable of being legendary but don't drop, such as power armor or totally unique weapons(Broadsider, Cryo gun, etc).

Edit: Anyone with a solid tutorial/method for doing this with modded or vanilla items, feel free to send me a PM, even if you're reading this a year from me posting it! I'm interested in making just about anything a legendary drop.... The Broadsider, modded weapons, modded armor, grenades, sunglasses, power armor... whatever! I know all those things support legendary features in one way or another.

Edited by Manan6619

FO4Edit. Find the appropriate list and add the items you want. Or you could edit the items in the CK. Find something in the leveled lists for legendary SM or whatever and change what they spawn with. Sorry I can't be more specific since I haven't done this particular type of edit. :happy:

Okay, I think I got it to work out:

SorUyNo.jpg

To anyone curious as to how I did it, I used the Creation Kit, and:

1. File > Data...

2. Selected Fallout.esm and the mod that added the weapon I wanted to work with(In this case, Bozar.esp)

3. Under items > LeveledItem, I found the leveled list entry for the Bozar "LL_Bozar". This can be made easier via the "Filter" box in the top right, just type in part of the name of the weapon you're trying to find and it should hopefully show up.

Now, I'm not sure if my method will work if you select the weapon from the "Weapon" section rather than "LeveledItem", so bear that it mind if you're trying to add something that isn't in the leveled lists. May work, may not.

4. Now that you know the name of the leveled list entry for your item, find the legendary lists. In this case, I'd type "legen" into the Filter box.

5. Hoo boy, there sure are a lot of options here. So my guess is that you should pick the most specific category for whichever weapon you're adding in. For example, I picked "LGND_PossibleLegendaryItemBaseLists_GunsGroupHigh" because the Bozar seems to fit best into that specific category of guns. Right click that, select "Edit".

6. Look at the list on the left of the window you just pulled up. Right click that, hit "New".

7. Select the new entry you just created, and open the dropdown menu in the middle labeled "Object". Find in that very long list the leveled list entry that you noted the name of earlier(In my case, LL_Bozar), and select it.

8. On the "Level" box under it, change that to a reasonable level for that particular item to start appearing as a drop ingame.

9. If you're patient and you feel like testing to see if your weapon will show up in game, you could try setting "Preview Level" to something equal or higher to the level you set for the item you just added, and doing "Preview Calculated Result" until your new item hopefully is mentioned by random chance. At least, I think that's what that thing is doing...

10. Hit "Ok", and save your mod, which you are not allowed to save into any directory besides the Data folder of Fallout 4, for some reason. You should be able to move it out of there without a problem if you so please.

And I think that's it! Although, if anyone has any concerns or ideas that may improve my method, feel free to let me know.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for sharing your method, Manan6619.

I tried doing the same thing, but at Step #7 I couldn't find any of my mods, including the Bozar mod you used as an example (and that I also have). I'm using Vortex to manage my mods, so this may be because of the way Vortex works.

If you or anyone else has any advice I'd really appreciate it.