Nuka World Tram Crashes Every Time

grandobsidian

I've been running a heavily modded game (200+ mods i believe) and normally everything runs fine, untill I decided to go back to Nuka world on a new character. Everytime I get on the tram to start the quest chain, the game crashes right after the voice mentions Fizztop mountain being the tallest manmade structure in Nuka world. Ive tried about a dozen times, each time disabling different mods i think might be the culprit (mainly landscape and environment mods like vivid fallout and true storms) but I can seems to figure out what's causing the crash. I highly suspect a landscape texture as I had a similar problem around Diamond City. If anyone has any ideas of where I should look or how I can narrow this problem down more I'd greatly appreciate it.

By any chance are you using the Water Enhanced texture mod? If yes, go to your Data/Textures/Water folder and look for the file: WaterTileHumpy_n.DDS

Rename that file to something else like putting a letter or number at the start of the filename...just rename it to something else to the game won't read it. Then try riding the monorail again. If you use Water Enhanced, this file will cause the CTD in that particular location. Renaming it so the game doesn't load it resolves it. Alternately, if you have a graphics program capable of handling .DDS files you can open the normal map and resave it. At least that worked it for me when I had the same issue using that texture mod.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

So, I'm truly glad that the previous person(s) found a solution for the crashing tram situation. It is happening to me, as well, but the solutions given did not help me. Any other advice? Thx ahead of time.