I just want the NPCs to look good

Wolfmod

Okay I've been away from Skyrim since 2014 when I played the old one. I had several followers and they all looked great using a CBBE body with some modifications from Apachi, Bella, Eyes of beauty and a few others. So, in Nexus Skyrim Special Edition I go to the face and hair category and discover that the majority of mods there are presets for character creation. This is funny stuff. Running around in game, I see mountains, buildings, beasts, monsters and NPCs and if I zoom out I get to see the back of my head. In fact, since creating attractive faces for my character is not my strong point I don't really care - I don't have to look at him. And, going through the mods on offer, remembering to alter the sorting method to "most downloaded or most endorsed" because for some foolish reason Nexus puts "most recently uploaded" as the default choice - this puts the best mods that have fared well for years at the end, I discover that trying to create acceptable looking NPCs is a real challenge in Special Edition.

Can anyone suggest mods that appear to be alluding me that make female NPC followers look good? I see a lot of Anime influence but for the most part their textures are catoonish without the detail that comes with realism?

Aye, I agree with Mathius59 for def. putting in Bijins. Actually with Bij AIO, it covers the three Bijin mods PLUS Serenaholic and that valerca mod so it's like getting '5 mods for the price of one ESP spot' so why not do it? Provided you explicitly follow the Bijin All in One install instructions explicitly *very important... One word of caution, if you use Bijins with other overhauls or anything that touches the NPCs covered by Bijins, you must make sure Bijins AIO is the last mod of the other mods it is conflicting with otherwise you may see the dark face, purple hair bugs.