Can't activate a game to manage

Emirizy

I open vortex, it's fine, it discovers game but as soon as I go to manage a game, it says it's managed but then an error appears saying failed to set profile

Cannot read property 'isSupported' of undefined
TypeError: Cannot read property 'isSupported' of undefined
at types.find.type (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\extensions\mod_management\util\allTypesSupported.js:6:27)
at Array.find (native)
at Object.allTypesSupported [as default] (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\extensions\mod_management\util\allTypesSupported.js:5:11)
at getActivator (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\extensions\mod_management\index.js:65:36)
at C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\extensions\mod_management\index.js:154:27
at Debouncer_1.default [as mFunc] (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\extensions\mod_management\index.js:357:88)
at Debouncer.run (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\util\Debouncer.js:67:27)
at Debouncer.runNow (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\util\Debouncer.js:43:18)
at EventEmitter.api.events.on (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\extensions\mod_management\index.js:359:25)
at emitThree (events.js:116:13)
at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:197:7)
at Promise (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\extensions\profile_management\index.js:184:40)
at Promise.cancellationExecute [as _execute] (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\debuggability.js:324:9)
at Promise._resolveFromExecutor (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:483:18)
at new Promise (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:79:10)
at queue.then.then (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\extensions\profile_management\index.js:183:33)
I've reported this but I would like to test the manager properly. Currently I've tried both fallout 3 and NV and they both have the same issue.

Its unfortunate that myself and keys1231 are both having the exact same issue. now i feel that ive wasted my spot for someone else to have had a chance to try this out and give bug feed back. i cant even submit a bug it wont let me because of another error that it pulls up. I have even reinstalled windows 10 fresh install with exactially same issue. i guess ill just have to look else where for help.

No idea if this will help or is even related, but for Bethesda games the problem seems to reside in the file:

C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar.unpacked\bundledPlugins\gamebryo-archive-invalidation\index.js

I opened the file in Vim and cleaned the mixed line endings, specifically all the ^M characters in the section with the "isSupported" bits. Now I can select games to manage again. I selected Fallout 4, then Skyrim SE, then Fallout 4, and the switches went fine. I'm scared to select anything else though :nuke:

Edited by d81