Can't activate a game to manage

Emirizy

• 4 years later...

Cant activate Fallout 4 for the live of me. Stupid game says files are missing and when I look its a whole bunch of files in C that are missing, but my game is installed on F just like Vortex...

I hate this thing.

Can we get the old mod installer back?

The new one only looks better on the surface. It has bad problems though. I just want to play my game with my MOOOODS! Sorry i'm angry!

Here is what the manager says...

"SetupError: Missing: F:\Eigene Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\data
at C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\renderer.js:2789:145
at tryCatcher (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\util.js:16:23)
at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:547:31)
at Promise._settlePromise (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:604:18)
at Promise._settlePromise0 (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:649:10)
at Promise._settlePromises (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:725:18)
at _drainQueueStep (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:93:12)
at _drainQueue (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:86:9)
at Async._drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:102:5)
at Async.drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:15:14) "

Hope someone with more knowledge about moding can fix this for now i'm done with moding. or Bethesda games.

Cant activate Fallout 4 for the live of me. Stupid game says files are missing and when I look its a whole bunch of files in C that are missing, but my game is installed on F just like Vortex...

I hate this thing.

Can we get the old mod installer back?

The new one only looks better on the surface. It has bad problems though. I just want to play my game with my MOOOODS! Sorry i'm angry!

Here is what the manager says...

"SetupError: Missing: F:\Eigene Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\data

at C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\renderer.js:2789:145

at tryCatcher (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\util.js:16:23)

at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:547:31)

at Promise._settlePromise (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:604:18)

at Promise._settlePromise0 (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:649:10)

at Promise._settlePromises (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:725:18)

at _drainQueueStep (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:93:12)

at _drainQueue (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:86:9)

at Async._drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:102:5)

at Async.drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:15:14) "

Hope someone with more knowledge about moding can fix this for now i'm done with moding. or Bethesda games.

You're necroing a thread from 2018 so it's unlikely to be related.

If you read the top line of the message you'll see that Vortex is reporting that your data folder is missing. If this is the case, your install of Fallout 4 is broken and you should repair it on Steam.

Feel free to make a new topic if you're still having problems