updating to latest version of Skyrim SE

magus55x

Hello, my game is modded with MO 2, I think my version number is 1.3 because I tried updating my SSE fixes file but it wouldn't work with any version except 1.3

I didn't upgrade to 1.4 due to some issue with SKSE64 I forgot exactly what it was but there was some compatiblity problem that was making my game crash.

My game is currently working stable with 246 plugins and the appropriate SKSE64 for my .exe version.

If I update my game to 1.5 (or whatever the latest version is) and update SKSE64 to its latest version, will my game still work?

I understand that question is a bit hard to answer without specifics so I'll rephrase;

are there any known major conflicts I need to be aware of when updating my game to the latest version???

Thanks for responses.

well yes there is something you need to consider

you are correct that updating your game will require you to also update SKSE64

however , you need to also consider that after updating SKSE64 you will need to update all mods that use it (maybe not all of these will require an update , but you should check each to see if an update is indeed required)

I doubt the game's updates themselves will require any mods to be updated (they only really messed with SKSE64 as far as I know)

so if I backup my .exes and the SKSE64 files, then update and it doesnt work or starts crashing, I can just copy the backups into my install folder and everything will be as it was?

Or am I risking corrupted saves or some other issue I'm not aware of?

I believe the only files being updated are the executables , so as long as you back them up (and all SKSE64 files) , I believe this should be fine

however , you might not notice problems at first , but they may appear later

I would recommend to either do nothing , or go all out and update your game , SKSE64 and all mods that require updating

doing anything other might not work so great in the long run

Go to your SSE data folder. Look for the SKSE folder and open up the Plugins folder in that. Those DLL files you see listed represent the mods that rely on SKSE64. Make sure you have a recent one that corresponds with your SKSE64 version and your Skyrim executable version.