Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary Prison area

Tear3d

I've always thought it was kinda silly that the dark brotherhood didn't have an area where they keep prisoners or people who have betrayed them, like in the dlc house Deepscorn Hollow,

Deepscorn Hollow simply has a cell with a prisoner and then it has a shrine of sithis. I always wondered why the sanctuary in Cheydinhal didn't have something like this.

To me the dark brotherhood sanctuary lacks immersion and I feel adding a few cells in could help that

So basically, I'd like to ask that someone make a mod that adds a cell or an actual dungeon to the dark brotherhood sanctuary in Cheydinhal

Maybe even make it so if you steal from a member of the dark brotherhood you go to jail there, though that's probably too advanced.

Thanks~

You can easily add the prison cell by yourself very easily. You can duplicate any vanilla cell in 2 times 3 movements and add linked doors very fastly.

To add prisoners taking a look a Claudius Arcadia's script and faction should help you.

I'm sorry but i've never made a mod. That's why I requested this.

I'd like to do this myself but I have no idea how to go about doing it.

I looked through a bunch of tutorials but didn't find anything I thought could help me do this.

As far as making npcs goes I usually just use the console to create a new character, then clone them and change my character back.

I have no idea how to go about changing or editing in rooms.

It might be kids games to someone who's modded before lol

I have no idea how to go about this just from reading this site

Unfortunately I'm more of a visual learner, and can't find any video tutorials on it

Still gonna try and figure it out, while also hoping someone eventually may help

no worries

To duplicate a cell right click and choose the duplicate cell option, to start easily choose one of the cities' castle dugeons

Change the cell's editor ID to avoid a conflict with other mods, like aDarkBrotherhoodPrisonllenaloid

-To link the cell with another one go to WorldObjects -> Door select a non-scripted load door, DarkSanctuaryDoor should do the job

-double click on the cell where you want to add the door, drag and drop it to the precise place you want to put it

-in the render window double-click one of the doors -> teleport and select the door you want to associate it with (for example if you duplicated the Bruma jail choose one of the DungeonExitDoor01)

-yellow rectangles with a purple arrow appear close to the doors to the determine the player's position when you open these doors, the purple arrow showing the direction the player looks to when using the door, move them accordingly

-Voilà

Edited by Oblivionaddicted

Hey Oblivionaddicted,

I haven't done anything with cells.

I've mainly messed around with scripting.

Got a couple questions.

When you fire up the construction set, which master do you load?

I've got GOTY edition.

Would I load up the oblivion.esm or DLCshiveringisles.esp?

Also, am I in the right spot when I click the View in the menu at the top of the screen

then Cell View from the drop down.

I right clicked the left pane and see duplicate cell, so I'm guessing I've found it.

since I don't have a master loaded, I'm not seeing anything yet.

Planning on reformatting my computer (spring cleaning) and reinstalling.

Looks like my construction set is messed up.

I can load my mod and edit it just fine, but

I just can't load up either the oblivion.esm or the shivering isles one.

arghhh. Thus the reason I'm asking. I can't test it out for myself :confused:

I think I know some of this,,,

quote : "Would I load up the oblivion.esm or DLCshiveringisles.esp?"

>>> a tip for you, DON'T ever use DLCshiveringisles.esp as master or validation, that mod is dummy esp if you open it with TES 4 Edit you'll see there is no important record in there at all. ALL SI records is already inside Oblivion.esm

quote : "Also, am I in the right spot when I click the View in the menu at the top of the screen. then Cell View from the drop down."

>>> I believe you're in the right place, that pane can even create new cell not just duplicate it

quote : "since I don't have a master loaded, I'm not seeing anything yet."

>>> masterless mod is good idea, can fit in Nehrim or similar something like that. but if you really not seeing anything it is weird, yeah maybe your installation either Oblivion or Construction Set or something else is messed up if Oblivion.esm didn't show up when opening mod in CS

You only need Oblivion.esm as a master.

The fact you have the GOTY edition doesn't change anything in it, I have it too BTW.

The cell view option just enables you to see the cells list, to see the cells you want to create your mod from you need to double click on a cell via the cell view list.

If you already created a plugin, be sure to set it as active file when you load it in the CS so you can keep editing it.

Edited by Oblivionaddicted