Attempting to open Armor NIF crashes the CK

NucronSalcron

So, new to the modeling side of the modding stuff. Done most of the CK work already, but have been working on a couple of Armor meshes that I was wanting to add to the game to go along with a mod that I am currently working on. Have been following this guide as well as I could http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_an_armour_for_Skyrim._Part_2 (the first part aswell), but have been having trouble with the NIF section. Basically it all started with a diverging path around when you export the NIF from blender using the older version, the nif does not come out the same way. Been fiddling with the settings in the NIF for about a week now trying to copy all the details from a vanilla NIF, but have not been having any luck getting it into the CK.

Basically whenever I try to use it as an ArmorAddon in the CK it just crashes after pausing for a moment.

Also, in the newer version of NIFskope, the texture appears to be black, though the normal still appears to work so not sure what that is all about.

Cannot for the life of my figure this out. Not sure how I would attach the file, since it says I'm not allowed to upload it.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 1 year later...