How do you edit or create models for ME3?

NCRSoleSurvivor

Hi, recently I have become intrigued in editing character models in Mass Effect 3, now I don't mean editing textures or anything like that, but rather editing the full model such as changing the shape and size.

What I am wanting to have a go at is editing Bro Sheps body, personally I'm not a fan of Shepard's muscular physique and want to give it a go on trying to make him skinnier and less bulky, however to do this, I have no clue.

I would like to know what tools I can use to create or edits models and what I can use to extract the models from the game and import them back in. Also while I am at it, can I just ask anyone who has edited Mass Effect 3 models how complicated is it to do so? Personally I'm just wanting to give a go on editing some character models for Mass Effect 3 and want to start somewhere by editing Bro Sheps character model by making him less bulky than he is now, I know I'd have to edit various models considering the amount of outfits he can wear, but I would just like to know from experienced modders how hard it can be to edit a character model. If anyone can inform of what programs and tools I'll need to use in order to accomplish this task, then please link me to them and I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Killer Idea...

1 - You could extract the mesh from a .pcc file with Meshplorer of ME3Explorer as .psk file.

2 - You could use 3dsMax - a trial or student version - and edit the mesh there.

3 - You would need to do a âSkinWrapâ as to set the âbonesâ right. Export it as FDX file.

4 - You need UDK to convert it to .upk file

5 - Use Meshplorer again to import the mesh back into the .pcc file...

6 - I think if you just do minor adjustment to the mesh the textures should still be ok, otherwise you might need to adjust those too... in Photoshop for instance and with the use of Textplorer of ME3Explorer. If you just replace the mesh no need to reinstall the texture normally in my opinion..

Good luck.