Who really reads all of the books?

wanderer3292

I'm curious about how many people actually read the books. in past playthroughs, I've always loved collecting them, and maybe reading one once in a while if the name of the book stands out to me.

this time around, coming back after putting the game down for a year or so, and I finally have been reading them when I pick them up. I'm surprised at how well some of these stories are written. the fefugees is one that stands out to me, that I never would have read in the past. there are a few others, but I csnt remember the names as there are so many. it's also nice to have book covers of skyrim, so that they all look great, and the ones that are part of a series like songs of pelinal all match each other.

so yeah, does anyone actually read the books? if you do, what are some that stand out that you'd recommend keeping an eye out for?

I've read them all ... ok I can't be 100% sure on that ... 99% sure.

I like the short story ones. Not the huge series and not just a page or two.

The ones that stand out for me..... (with links to Imperial Library for out of game reading)

The Exodus by Waughin Jarth (several good ones by him)

A Hypothetical Treachery by Anthil Morvir

Horror of Castle Xyr by Baloth-Kul

Those last two are one act plays - absolutely fantastic!

I read some of the books, not all. I love the 2920 series, and I've read many of the other books. I haven't read the Argonian Account, nor A Dance in Fire though, for some reason.

I love mods that add TES books (and bookstores) to the world - Book Covers of Skyrim, and the Pocket Guide to the Empire.

sounds like some of you play the same as I do, collecting and never getting around to reading them. I definitely care about the lore, and have read up on the wiki pages, but when I get time to play, sometimes I just don't want to sit and read becuase I'd rather interact with the world.

setting the game down for so long and playing other games (only fallout 4 of the witcher 3 actually) really has made me appreciate skyrim in a different way. that's saying a lot for a game that's quite a bit older than the others.