Creation Kit - Switch Controlled Generator

CompGuyJMB

Hi everyone. I'm new to the creation kit. What I'd like to do is have a power generator start in the "off state" (output no power) until turned "on" with a button or switch. I've tried using an Enable/Disable marker, but that just makes the generator appear / disappear.

I'm having 2 problems - 1 is having the generator start "off", and 2 is having the PowerSwitch box start as "off". Setting WorkshopStartUnpowered seems to have no effect on either.

Any ideas? Apologies for typos, posting via phone.

Edited by CompGuyJMB

hi there!

I recommend searching for Massigest,

PoorlyAged, RedRocketTV and Shavkacagarikia or Steve40s approaches to that.

they'll help you set up your power-grid and you can do some neat stuff,

like have 'failsafe' 'hidden power supply' to your elevator and 'secret-passages' stuff,

independent to the power-grid.

I did find an interesting work around for the enable/disable of the generator - I have my "functional" one tied to the marker, and I placed a static one at the exact same coordinates. Now, there's always one there, and the one tied to the enable marker just appears when enabled (and runs), and disappears when disabled.

I'd still like to know how to set the WorkshopPowerSwitchbox to have it's initial state as "OFF" (including graphically) - if anyone knows how...