Sharpshooters ENB - Reversed Depth of Field?

MRBee30

Hi there! So I just reinstalled ENB with the wrapper version as the injector version I was using did not like a recent Nvidia driver update.

(Long story short: The injector was no longer injecting as fast as skse was loading. Causing crashes) A rather new problem that never happened before the Nvidia driver update.

I got the enb wrapper working with my favorite ENB. Sharpshooters Graphics. Only the Depth of Field is completely reversed. Focusing on things in the background and not the foreground. The quality of the blur is also significantly downgraded. Giving off this strange pixelated blur.

Here are some before and after screenshots. I also noticed colors were a little more intense than normal (I can fix that) but for the life of me I just spent 3 hours trying to troubleshoot this DOF issue with no luck.

EDIT: I've tried (bfloatpointrendertarget=1) in (skyrimprefs.ini). Suggested on another site. That didn't do anything. I can turn DOF off entirely. But that makes everything sharp and the colors coarse. Turning DOF on however gives me the soft colors but this annoying reversed DOF.

EDIT: I've also concluded that replacing (enbeffectprepass.fx) from a standalone mod does nothing to fix the issue. So it's not that either.

EDIT: Removing (enbdepthoffield.fx) from the Skyrim directory seems to remove the DOF entirely. So I'm thinking it might have something to do with that file. I'm not sure how each file works with an ENB.

Anyone have any ideas? Aside from completely and painstakingly uninstalling both ENB and ENB mod. Then trying to reinstall it with most likely the same issue is daunting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Full size pic: https://postimg.org/image/jlq8ll857/

Screen_Shot141.jpg

EDIT: I was able to figure it out. For anyone having this kind of trouble. It was the (d3d9.dll) file. I was using the wrong version and needed to download the correct version for the ENB I was using form enbdev.com/download_mod_tesskyrim.html.

I also opted for Opethfeldt ENB since it had the type of soft tone I liked. But the .dll file was the culprit.

I also found out how to adjust the distance of the depth of field by searching for (float fFocusBias = 0.055) in the (enbeffectprepass.FX) and lowering the value to (= 0.040)

Edited by MRBee30