MrManovar6

I had to re-install my entire game after a huge crash caused by one mod I'll never again even talk about positively. It takes much effort and hard coding to make Fallout: New Vegas function properly with that many mods, as I'm sure many can relate, but now I've finally finished it and it works relatively well. There are a few crashes here and there, but a game this modded is impossible to work for a few minutes without crashing. Hell, this game is pretty buggy even at its vanilla stage.

But still, the less crashes I have to deal with the better. So, I'm curious and I want to make sure, if there is anything else I can do to ensure my game crashes less. I took as many precautions as I could, but you'd better tell me if I've left anything out of place.

How'd I do?

- I naturally use Nexus Mod Manager

- My game is on Steam
- Yes, I installed the most recent version of Script Extender

- Yes, I installed the 4GB Patcher as well

- I also downloaded the Stutter Remover

- Mission Mojave and all the corresponding patches

- Anti Crash

- and a few other similar mods that are meant to "improove" gameplay

- I also allowed LOOT to organize my load order

Edited by MrManovar6

"Crash free" is a process. No one mod, tool, or "thing" will accomplish it, but it can be done.

If you are not having CTDs until you have been playing for awhile, then see the 'Solutions to Performance problems' section, 'Issue: Recent (post-Win10 FCU) CTDs after 10-20 minutes of play' entry, and the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' section in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

-Dubious-