Skyrim 6

daveGW

Ah, bait.

The next Elder Scrolls probably wont be for many years. There are rumours running around that it could be based in Valenwood, although Hammerfell and Black Marsh have also been mentioned.

Until then, Skyrim/SSE will probably be released on, as well as the current 6 platforms, mobile phones, every other games console running back 40 years, toasters, ovens, calculators, potatoes....

Prediction: It'll first be teased in 2019 and may be out as early as 2020. It'll be a tad disappointing from a PC gamers perspective because it'll have to partly be based around the needs of consoles which at that point will still have issues getting to 30 fps 4k low settings. BUT, once mods get up and running and we get some good ENBs and new textures it'll be a great experience. So, just like it is now...

Based on Bethesda's publishing history, I'd say late 2019 or so.

It should have been 2016 or 2017, but they spent a lot of time getting Skyrim remastered for PC and newer consoles as well as publishing for VR.

They also spent a lot of time publishing DLC for Fallout 4.

There are rumors that Bethesda has a new IP coming out sometime this year, so Skyrim would logically follow that release and be out in 2019 or 2020.

I don't think it will be released until after the next console update and I believe Bethesda has as much as said so by saying that the technology isn't there yet for the the next ES game....they weren't talking about pc technology.

@ NextBeth

Was this said before the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X had been released? Maybe those consoles have the desired technology.

@hellfire28

Those console aren't forced/locked to 4k. They could also render only at 2k, instead trying to do 4k whatever it takes. 2k + ultra details is probably better than 4k with medium details.

Edited by COMBATFUN

That was all said in 2016, by Todd Howard. He also went on to say there's no rush and we "take our time". I'm honestly getting bored of Skyrim. It's already been 7 years, much longer than all the other games.

I don't think it will be released until after the next console update and I believe Bethesda has as much as said so by saying that the technology isn't there yet for the the next ES game....they weren't talking about pc technology.

Definitely not.

Edited by Rasikko