NMM wont open

nmm nexus mod manager not launching being a pain

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

DarkLord2832

DarkLord2832

• Premium Member
  • 19 posts

tried re-installing and running as admin but NMM won't open, it doesn't even launch, i click on the exe (get the admin pop-up as run as admin is enabled) and then nothing happens, i even look in task manager to see if it just hadn't come up on my screen yet, but there are no processes for it, it is irritating greatly right now....

SquidBox

SquidBox

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Some things you can check to get more info:

* Open Windows' Event Viewer, check under Windows Logs -> Application and see if you find any errors or crashes when you try to start NMM.

* Check under the "Nexus Mod Manager" folder in Documents (should be C:\Users\<yourname>\Documents\Nexus Mod Manager) for any trace logs.

Agamendor

Agamendor

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

I have the same problem, tried the event Viewer, there is indeed an error. What it means I have no clue about.

Faulting application name: NexusClient.exe, version: 0.63.14.0, time stamp: 0x58ec9716
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.16299.248, time stamp: 0x4414ec23
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000014008
Faulting process id: 0x496c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3a5cec682f8fe
Faulting application path: E:\Nexus Mod Manager\NexusClient.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 62ce2289-f72d-4000-8103-d4650872c193
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Papajack55

Papajack55

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

How can I roll back to the previous NMM version when it won't let me open regardless of any and all errors it shows that  I tried to correct?

Papajack55

Papajack55

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

I'm going to MO if this doesn't get worked out.

Okay, I found out what the problem was after troubleshooting. This issue of NMM is now incompatible with my computer due to changes in in the fixes. How do I revert it back to the version I had once before this one came out? It worked perfectly.

Edited by Papajack55, 15 February 2018 - 06:41 PM.

Papajack55

Papajack55

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

When I went to MO it wouldn't take the NMM files already placed in order that was already in the NMM. Anyway I can get the MO to either take it, or take the files from my steamapps Skyrim file?

Agamendor

Agamendor

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Hey, I found a workaround for this. I posted it somewhere but cant find it anymore.. 
I googled for old versions, found a place where they had newer so I installed that and it fixed the problem. I thought I added my reply here in the forums but it seems like its deleted. (thats why im not posting the link again in case it was against some rule)

SquidBox

SquidBox

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

I have the same problem, tried the event Viewer, there is indeed an error. What it means I have no clue about.

Faulting application name: NexusClient.exe, version: 0.63.14.0, time stamp: 0x58ec9716
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.16299.248, time stamp: 0x4414ec23

Is there a separate log event from a source called ".NET Runtime" before or after the error you pasted? It would tell me more than the above problem.

Some googling around issues with KERNELBASE.dll seems to indicate your computer might be missing some version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, but I couldn't tell you which version is missing :(

MSgtGator

MSgtGator

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 6 posts

Is there a separate log event from a source called ".NET Runtime" before or after the error you pasted? It would tell me more than the above problem.

Some googling around issues with KERNELBASE.dll seems to indicate your computer might be missing some version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, but I couldn't tell you which version is missing :sad:

Yes... the following is from Net Runtime... additionally Win 10 made an update before this problem occured... I'm willing to be their patch borked it.

Application: NexusClient.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Xml.XmlException
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.Exception)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Skip()
   at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictSkipToNextElement(System.Configuration.ExceptionAction)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, Boolean, System.String, System.Configuration.OverrideModeSetting, Boolean)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, Boolean, System.String, System.Configuration.OverrideModeSetting, Boolean)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(System.Configuration.XmlUtil)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()

Exception Info: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors)
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(System.Object, System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)

Exception Info: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.PrepareConfigSystem()
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(System.String)
   at System.Configuration.PrivilegedConfigurationManager.GetSection(System.String)
   at System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.GetConfigSection()
   at System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.Initialize()
   at System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.get_IndentSize()
   at System.Diagnostics.TraceInternal.InitializeSettings()
   at System.Diagnostics.TraceInternal.get_Listeners()
   at System.Diagnostics.Trace.get_Listeners()
   at Nexus.Client.Program.HandleException(System.Exception)
   at Nexus.Client.Program.CurrentDomain_UnhandledException(System.Object, System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs)

Didn't mean to hijack the thread but I've got the same issue... Mark

Edited by MSgtGator, 15 February 2018 - 10:14 PM.

MSgtGator

MSgtGator

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 6 posts

Additionally just tried it on my desktop PC and NMM works fine... 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nmm, nexus mod manager, not launching, being a pain

Page loaded in: 1.080 seconds