nmm nexus mod manager not launching being a pain

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

MSgtGator

MSgtGator

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 6 posts

Rolled back the security update but still didn't fix issue. May try moving .dlls (there are numerous ones sprinkled through the Windows folder) from my desktop PC to see if that fixes it. If not it appears I'll have to wipe boot drive and reinstall Windows.

Aielanor

Aielanor

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 7 posts

I am having the same issue. It  keeps scanning for games and the crashes with a message saying it cannot find any games. I just upgraded to premium, so not happy with this.

MSgtGator

MSgtGator

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 6 posts

Ok... tried moving .dlls but Windows keeps complaining about Administrator permissions even though I'm an administrator on the profile signed into windows... go figure. So on a whim I uninstalled NMM 0.63.14 completely, installed an old version I had in my downloads folder 0.63.09. Ran through game detector, file/folder placement permissions and it's currently reinstalling mods. Afterward I'm gonna try upgrading back to .14 (after I backup) and see if I can get that working.

Update: NMM 0.63.14 running again... must have been a corrupted file that installing over didn't fix.

Papajack55

Papajack55

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

So all you need to  do is re-download it now? Because before it stated it was incompatible with Win8.1.1  So the issue is fixed for real then?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nmm, nexus mod manager, not launching, being a pain

Page loaded in: 0.999 seconds