Loosing UVs after import in NifSkope (.3ds or .obj)

Hazolp

Yes, I'm trying to modify, with a mesh I created myself, an existing model of the game. In fact, what I'm doing is modify the Soul Cairn meshes (for the moment, the bonepile wich are trash...).

So, my workflow is :

- Grab few bones & simulates a "realistic" accumulation of bones (blender, rigid bodies with some meshes)

- export the whole thing in .3ds (so single objects)

- import it in a blank nifskope

- making sure I can texture the objects

- point to the right texture

And I'm stuck here, cause Nif tells me that there are too many childrens to copy. So I tried to import it directly into an existing nif, but from here I loose the UVs...

3. You know, in NifSkope, when left-clicking a NiTriShape, there is a Submenu called Textures, and from there, if the mesh is imported correctly, you see two Submenus : Edit UV & Export Template. Well if I import my .3ds in my Oldrim Nif, I get only the Edit UV submenu, and when clicking it, it gives me the error "Could not load texture data for UV editor." which makes my mesh impossible to use any textures, since it has not loaded with UVs...

I've seen that. I would need the mesh in front of me to help you. I this something you made, or a mesh from the game you are trying to alter?

In my version of NifSkope 1.1.3, if you right click on the NiTriShape, you get the dropdown menu.

If you left click on the triangle to the right of the NiTriShape, it expands the NiTriShape tree and you can open BSShaderPPLightingProperties where you can further expand the tree to set the path for your textures.

The path to the textures must be set in order for NifSkope to display them. The only textures NifSkope does not display by default are texture.bsa.

Okay, thanks to @TheWilloughbian I was able to get everything to work !

Thanks to @M48A5 for many inputs !

We are polishing and finishing things with TheWilloughbian in PM.

Once again, thanks for helping me get in the modding scene !