Help changing the legions armour

Acalian

I have a mod (mod A) that adds armour to the game for my character or followers etc to use, however, no matter how hard i try i cannot find out how in the hell I make it so that i can use the armour from Mod A and make a mod that will replace the legions armour with that one.

can someone please tell/show me what the heck i am supposed to do?

If it were me, for personal use, I'd probably opt for changing the legion's outfits right inside Mod A, so as to save myself the hassle of extracting and re-assigning meshes, and having another plugin to worry about. Keep a copy of the Mod A archive, so if you don't like the changes or want to revert to the original setup, you can just re-extract it. Another way you could do it would be to extract the Mod A meshes and textures, rename them to match (identically) the file names and file paths of the vanilla imperial armor, and just leave them in your loose files as replacers. Game looks for WhateverCuirass_1, finds WhateverCuirass_1 in your loose files, and accepts that as the correct armor.

If you're making a mod to be released, rather than for personal use, and you have the permission of the other mod author, then you would need to extract the meshes and whatever textures to your data folder. In the normal format, it would be something like Data > Meshes > Armor > Imperial, but for your own, you have some leeway in making custom file paths. Then you could go into CK and open the various imperial armors and armor addons,using the edit button to assign the new loose meshes in the place of the vanilla imperial meshes. Alternatively, you could right-click > duplicate the imperial armors and armor addons, give them unique names, and create armor which stands apart from the vanilla armor, then make your assignments via the outfit form instead. You could also make ModA a master to your mod, creating your mod with ModA also open in CK, which will require users to install that mod before they can use yours.