Mod Request: Disable gathering animation

Grot

Agreed. Also, would it be possible to gather all plants of the species you select in like a 1.5 m radius? In this case I don't think I would mind the animation.

This is already whats happening in vanilla. You don't pick one mushroom, you pick the other 10 around it aswel.

Indeed you are right. I hadn't noticed because the inclusion radius is rather small imo. I think it could easily be doubled to lessen monotony. Maybe expand radius, but reduce xp gain per plant?

Kk. I actually read herbalist description. Looks like radius increases with xp. Think they got this one right. Animation still could go though.

I'm thinking the targeting area needs to be made larger also. As in make it more than just one pixel that lights up the name flag, it gets very tedious shuffling around to find that exact spot in the middle of the graphic that lets you harvest.

I find herbs way too valuable. It's possible to make a living in 15minutes. With the herbs so pricey the land would be stripped bare by the common people.

I think a cooked chicken is .6 and a bag of charcoal .5 groschen? No way this could be bought with a single digit number of dandelions

Edited by jochenDerGute

Agreed. Also, would it be possible to gather all plants of the species you select in like a 1.5 m radius? In this case I don't think I would mind the animation.

This is already whats happening in vanilla. You don't pick one mushroom, you pick the other 10 around it aswel.

Indeed you are right. I hadn't noticed because the inclusion radius is rather small imo. I think it could easily be doubled to lessen monotony. Maybe expand radius, but reduce xp gain per plant?

mzF5TIO.png

In Libs\Tables\rpg\rpg_param.xml

as you grow in level, the radius will increase as well. There is a side-quest where you need to pick weeds from a garden. I only had to watch the animation 3 times to clean the entire garden.

I found in "Scripts/Entities/WH/Others" a script called "PickableArea.lua" wich has the function that seems to control herb gathering.

The script has a function PickableArea:Gather wich has a call to Minigame.StartHerbGathering(self.id);

I tried commenting this line and using Utils.GiveItem() and Utils.CreateInvItem() with the self properties of the class but it seems that do not work so probably to remove the animation we will have to change the minigame class wich i can't find... this is as far as i can get in this topic because that class seems to be hardcoded.

The creator of several mods like easy lockpicking fireundubh made a post in the KCD official forum https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/brief-modding-wishlist/41989 asking for some wishes and one of those is for this class to be open so we will have to wait.

Edited by KataPUMB

I found in "Scripts/Entities/WH/Others" a script called "PickableArea.lua" wich has the function that seems to control herb gathering.

The script has a function PickableArea:Gather wich has a call to Minigame.StartHerbGathering(self.id);

Somewhere there must be something that controls "unpickable area" when you try to pick herbs near a building or object it knows not to use the third person animation and then picks in 1st person, if only we can find that and make it believe that all herbs are blocked by objects so can only be picked in first person...

Yea the point is that that is probably controled in the minigame class because there's no reference anywhere else to the animation or such. For example i also found in the "Libs/Tables/Animation/Anim_Fragment.xml" in the line 1144 a reference to the animation, but i tried to change the total_duration and also seems to have no effect.

Edit: Update.

I also tried to modify the pickable_area_desc.xml and seems to do nothing as well

Update 2:

Tried to directly eliminate the animation placed in "Animations\humans\male\blendSpace\pick_place" seem to not work either.

Edited by KataPUMB

• 2 weeks later...

If you replace

Minigame.StartHerbGathering(self.id);

with

player.inventory:AddItem(ItemManager.CreateItem(self.GuidItemPicked, 1, self.Amount));

you will pick the herb instantly. The problem now though is that it wont despawn and you could click it infinitely.

Edited by CryptLoad