Vortex Alpha Release

Dark0ne

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im done, im going back to FOMMs and OBMM it been less than an hour and ive already given up on vortex. how is it so hard to make something better then prehistoric mod managers? apparently impossible, well atleast for nexus. i honestly wouldnt even visit this site if it wasnt the main and only place for mods. sadly i have to.

In response to post #57589691.

HelelBenShahaar wrote: At first glance, I can only repeat what I said to SirSalami: this thing frightens me.

I can't really understand anything I see there. Doesn't look very user friendly, all things considered.

I never used Mod Organizer, but I tried Wrye Bash for a short time. Looking back at them, their interfaces looked ancient as hell. Not necessarily a bad thing, but not good in my experience. I never actually got used to WB and I don't think I'll ever be using MO.

However, Vortex's interface looks too modern. Looks more aesthetic than functional to be honest. This may not sit well with some users. Doesn't sit well with me, that's for sure.

To put it the best I can, as far as interfaces were concerned: WB and MO looked like Windows 95 and Windows 2000, respectively. NMM looks like Windows XP. Vortex looks like Windows 10.

I have a feeling that this was a too large of a leap from NMM's simple and very useful mechs. Like you skipped the metaphorical Windows 7.

Highly unlikely that my voice will mean a bloody thing in a long run, but at least I said what was on my soul.

I agree. It feels weird, hard to use.

In response to post #57598231.

avgnfan7800 wrote: im done, im going back to FOMMs and OBMM it been less than an hour and ive already given up on vortex. how is it so hard to make something better then prehistoric mod managers? apparently impossible, well atleast for nexus. i honestly wouldnt even visit this site if it wasnt the main and only place for mods. sadly i have to.

Did you even read the entire post before hunting for a download link? They warned it was still a buggy alpha release and advised people like you to NOT download it.

In response to post #57598231. #57598486 is also a reply to the same post.

avgnfan7800 wrote: im done, im going back to FOMMs and OBMM it been less than an hour and ive already given up on vortex. how is it so hard to make something better then prehistoric mod managers? apparently impossible, well atleast for nexus. i honestly wouldnt even visit this site if it wasnt the main and only place for mods. sadly i have to.
Ronin Silfar wrote: Did you even read the entire post before hunting for a download link? They warned it was still a buggy alpha release and advised people like you to NOT download it.

+1

In response to post #57598231. #57598486, #57598531 are all replies on the same post.

Ronin Silfar wrote: Did you even read the entire post before hunting for a download link? They warned it was still a buggy alpha release and advised people like you to NOT download it.
Anqayas wrote: +1

u have to be trolling....did u read the post at all?? this is in ALPHA