Vortex Alpha Release

Dark0ne

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #60763647. #60788487 is also a reply to the same post.

Vondergeist wrote: At first i liked it.. now i hate it with a passion... http://prntscr.com/js22cj that is endless i never had this problem with the old NMM...
noroironin wrote: this looks more like a problem with your mods than with the software

groups

Actually I like Vortex. It helped me realize there were two plugins in my mod list that needed to be updated since they were still dependent on USKP. (I don't know how the game worked without it.) There is a small problem though because I couldn't get Skyrim to work with all my mods (sorted with Loot a few times). I've sent some bug reports, hopefully they will be fixed. I'll give it another try a few weeks later. I hope now I can get back to my original setup with the updated NMM. :)

In response to post #60312951.

redravens13 wrote: Vortex is a non-working program from the start! NMM worked fine and now is going to be not supported forcing Moders to use Vortex. Vortex corrupted all mods in an attempt to transfer from NMM to Vortex. After 3 reinstalls, vortex will not drop the errors that have made vortex unusable!

Big deal. Nexus Mod Manger completely corrupted my load order once. And it wasn't an Alpha back then.

Vortex does not reconise 3 main files that are needed to run the mod. Take FWE fallout 3 for instance. When you enable Hot-patch it says files have script issues and wil dismiss the Fwe 1 ans Fwe 2 files as all corrupt.. It seems Vortex cannot handle add=on's or optional files for the Main file. Plus I cannot find a way to get FO3Edit tool loaded on Vortex. In NMM I could play Fallout 3 with barley a CTD. Now wiyt Vortex, My Fallout 3 CTD every 2 to 3 minutes making FO3 unplayable..Every Top Mod for FO3, cannot be loaded because Vortex say all Main files have errors, So far I like Vortex, but it really NEEDS A ( LOT ) of Work..to be truly funictional as a Mod Manager, My Opinion. Other that that Good Work.Hope it will be properly working soon.

OH I forgot to Mention. I have uninstalled NMM 65.2 for good. I re-installed My wind 10 64 bit OS and erased everything on all drives. Another-words Started all over. I downloaded Vortex, and (Vortex ) will not DOWNLOAD when you hit download with NMM Button. You can only download manual then load them into Vortex Nexus Mod. Mod button does not work.

In response to post #61034797.

hooppenn wrote: Vortex does not reconise 3 main files that are needed to run the mod. Take FWE fallout 3 for instance. When you enable Hot-patch it says files have script issues and wil dismiss the Fwe 1 ans Fwe 2 files as all corrupt.. It seems Vortex cannot handle add=on's or optional files for the Main file. Plus I cannot find a way to get FO3Edit tool loaded on Vortex. In NMM I could play Fallout 3 with barley a CTD. Now wiyt Vortex, My Fallout 3 CTD every 2 to 3 minutes making FO3 unplayable..Every Top Mod for FO3, cannot be loaded because Vortex say all Main files have errors, So far I like Vortex, but it really NEEDS A ( LOT ) of Work..to be truly funictional as a Mod Manager, My Opinion. Other that that Good Work.Hope it will be properly working soon.

A few weeks ago I used Vortex (0.14.3) to set up a new game of Fallout 3 with over 60 mods, including FWE. I had no problem whatever installing FWE and its hot patch. Nor did I have any problem setting up FO3Edit on the Vortex dashboard. After many hours of gameplay, I have had very few CTDs. The CTDs I have had were the result of certain mods overloading my computer. They did not result from using Vortex.

While Vortex works well for me, I understand that it does not work well for others. If you have not already done so, I would recommend that you visit the Vortex Forums sponsored by NexusMods. There you can discuss your concerns and problems with very knowledgeable people. I would suggest starting with "Vortex Feedback" at https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/4306-vortex-feedback/.

In response to post #59954856. #60237321, #60261261, #60313006 are all replies on the same post.

TheInquizitor wrote: Oh god, it's so very bad. Just looking at it is a headache. There's animations for no reason on s*** that should be a right-click menu. There's notifications that pop up. It's infuriating. Make it function like Mod Organizer where you have to click on the notifications for them to show. And why the hell is there a "dashboard?" Nothing is right. It's so incredibly bad. And there's no lines or color differences to separate lines of mods. And why is everything separated by tabs? Why can't we just have one window with multiple panes like in Mod Organizer? Who thought this was a good idea? Who thought any of this looked or felt good?

Speaking of terrible design, why is there still no separate "updates" page for the new website? A dropdown menu for 841 updates isn't very useful. And why can't I block updates for images that authors I follow upload?
Purgey wrote: Winge, winge, winge.
anvilton wrote: Didn't care for it either. I certainly do not like the steam client interface and Vortex is trying to be just like it, not good for me. There is far to much crap in the way. Sure I suppose most of it can be disabled, or at least hidden. But really, all I want a mod manager to do is manage mods. The rest of the stuff in Vortex is useless fluff AFAIAC. Frankly I sorely miss Tannin on Mod Organizer. Can't fault him though, money is money. The last thing I want is a steam-a-fied mod organizer.
redravens13 wrote: NMM was good, it worked. Vortex killed all my mods and corrupted my saved games. Vortex just does not work and the interface is terrible!

RedRaven, Look up the dictionary definition of "Alpha" ITS SOFTWARE IN ALPHA FORM YOU DUMMKOMPH!! Edited by Minecraften

Trialing Vortex with Fallout 4 so far it has been great, no real issues as yet with 250 plugins,

Things i would like to see with the dashboard is more custom options like the resizing of the windows by dragging an edge to suit your personal setting,

One other change to the Dashboard (or the face i haven't found the option to) is the ability to change the launch executable on the Game at the very top of the dash board as most Beth games are using F4SE (Fallout 4) or SKSE (Skyrim).

The notifications you get once downloaded a mod or something needs to have a timer having them hang there and build a cue doesn't look that aesthetic.

Once having installed a mod i still have to enable the plug-ins (I'm a potato, compared to most people using mods) would have thought that after installing the mod the plugins would auto enable themselves.

But hey what would this potato know.