How to make a NPC look like the Player

ToolParabola

Hi,

I'm currently working on a mod and was wondering how to make and NPC look like the player using the Construction Set.

I was hoping to find clues by looking at the Corrupted Clone ( from the SE quest ''Symbols of Office") but alas he isn't a NPC but an entity created via script.

Any help would be fantastic! :laugh:

Edited by ToolParabola

Should be possible using the same method I used to create my character's face, only sort of reversed.

Wrye Bash has a utility to transfer faces, either from save to save, save to plugin or what I used, plugin to save. The only description of doing this is found in Wrye Bash Advanced Readme.html (found in the Data\Mopy\Docs folder after WB is installed). Look in section 6 Saves Tab (6c Face Import).

Should be possible using the same method I used to create my character's face, only sort of reversed.

Wrye Bash has a utility to transfer faces, either from save to save, save to plugin or what I used, plugin to save. The only description of doing this is found in Wrye Bash Advanced Readme.html (found in the Data\Mopy\Docs folder after WB is installed). Look in section 6 Saves Tab (6c Face Import).

Thank you for the reply :)

But if somebody played this mod would said NPC resemble his character or the one from my save?

Yes ... what you will be doing in WB is transfer your character's face from a save to your ESP. It was a couple of years back that I used WB to create my current character (obviously I don't jump from one character to the next very often) but from what I can recall the process was fairly easy to understand.

I think you'd want to have the target NPC already created in your ESP so that you can select them from the list when your get to the second step of the transfer process. There were options on whether or not to import things like stats along with the face (if I'm remembering correctly).

- Edit - For other users, the NPC would look like your character, not their character. If what you are trying to achieve is for anybody to use your mod to create an NPC that looks like their own character then the Wrye Bash method isn't going to do it.

Edited by Striker879

I prefer using the Construction Set to edit faces ... the digital readout of slider positions and ability to directly enter slider positions using the digital readout gives me the precision and repeatability I want.

All I did was create an NPC and put him just outside the sewer exit (my source ESP for the face). I'd adjust on him, exit and check him in the proper game lighting, using the console to adjust weather conditions or the wait menu to get to the time of day I wanted to test. In my opinion you can't do a proper job using the CharGen interface and that lousy lighting in the prison cell. After getting the face set I just disabled my ESP and used WB for the transfer.

As an added bonus I can use that same character's face for my next guy, or tweak it in the CS if I'm looking for something different.