An unrecoverable error occured

MysteriousGuy

As soon as i start Vortex i get this error:

5f6ae90c1d54b90dac7578a00f6dca1d.png

Tried both installers and get same result with both.

Huh, this shouldn't have made it into an error message as it's not really an error.

What happens is that Vortex can't find Steam/the registry key associated with steam.

It should be safe to ignore this error but it may appear repeatedly or cause follow up errors and games may not be discovered.

If you do have Steam installed then you may want to reinstall it because then the registry key is actually missing.

Yeah some follow up errors did pop up but i ignored them all and got inside a program. Im glad it is in english even though installer was in german for buggy reason i already mentioned before.

Now i cannot get to that other errors and seems my settings are saved somewhere even after reinstalling.

Is there a way to reset Vortex to default settings (factory reset) ?

No convenient one. All Vortex settings are stored in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Vortex (or C:\ProgramData\vortex if you use shared mode).

If you delete or rename the directory "state.v2" there that will reset all settings and all the other data that vortex has accumulated, like meta information about mods and profiles.

No convenient one. All Vortex settings are stored in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Vortex (or C:\ProgramData\vortex if you use shared mode).

If you delete or rename the directory "state.v2" there that will reset all settings and all the other data that vortex has accumulated, like meta information about mods and profiles.

Any way to access the database in a human-readable format? Import/Export?

Edited by kamikatze13

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...