An unrecoverable error occured

MysteriousGuy

Follow the advice given in the message - repair or delete the file "userlist.yaml" and then try to start Vortex again.

But how do I fix it? I'm not a programmer I could use some real advice. I need a video tutorial, a walkthough, or something.

The message gives you real advice. Follow the directory path shown at the bottom of the message until you reach the file "userlist.yaml." Then delete the file and try to start Vortex again. On restart Vortex will automatically create a new .yaml file. Do you know how to delete a file?

Deleted the file, restarted, got new message saying masteruserlist is causing the same issue. Deleted that. Vortex opened but now I have red warning label saying files are missing. uninstalled both Skyrim and vortex re uploaded them still getting the same message.tried booting Skyrim. it load but none of the mods load. Now what do I do?

Follow the advice given in the message - repair or delete the file "userlist.yaml" and then try to start Vortex again.

But how do I fix it? I'm not a programmer I could use some real advice. I need a video tutorial, a walkthough, or something.

Here's your video tutorial :)

Deleted the file, restarted, got new message saying masteruserlist is causing the same issue. Deleted that. Vortex opened but now I have red warning label saying files are missing. uninstalled both Skyrim and vortex re uploaded them still getting the same message.tried booting Skyrim. it load but none of the mods load. Now what do I do?

Good lord, why do people think that completely uninstalling and re-installing something is a fix for anything?

I've seen people completely uninstall and re-install their entire operating systems for something as minimal as a mod not working or a texture not showing up in a game.

Where are these people getting this information from?

What files are missing? And please do not uninstall and reinstall Vortex or your game.

Check out Gopher's Vortex Beginners Guides.

Guest deleted34304850

you don't need to reformat your hard disks, or re-install windows 10, or uninstall steam/skyrim, or throw your pc onto a fire. all of that is overkill.

all you need to do is either delete, or rename the file (you deleted it so go you), restart vortex and then purge/deploy your mods. it's really nothing more than that. you don't need to be a programmer to do this, you just need a modicum of common sense.