Spell that measures distance

Cecell

Would someone be willing to make a mod that creates a spell that can be used to measure distance of something from the player (in feet)? The best thing from my point of view would be that the spell emit a beam and then a small burst of light on the surface where it strikes. To better visualize what I'm describing see the spells "Atronach Mark" or "Wither" from the mod Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim.

There are a number of effects, spells, etc that specify a distance but even more so various spells have a max distance before they fall off (at least visually).

From a modders standpoint (not player) - I worked on a mod called What's my XYZ? It provides the coordinates of your location in Skyrim usable in the CKit to look up where you are, as well a xEdit compatible Block and Sub-Block numbers.

Would be simple calculation to get distance from one point to another.

In-game - I know we used to have a item we used to get distances. You drop it and move away then it reports back how far the player is away from itself.

Would be cool to use effect like you suggest. for visuals - The vanilla Clairvoyance spell (which is always overlooked) provides a glowing trail to your destination. Wouldn't be too difficult to adapt the two ideas - cast the spell which drops the start point, move away and the glowing path shows line and it reports distance as you go.

Also, reporting in Feet can only be approximation. The measurement units in skyrim don't convert directly. Here is link to unit description