Vortex and SKSE64

schradeunderscore

So, yet another noob here.

Whenever I run SKSE, it requires me to run it as an administrator. Because of this, I haven't been able to launch it, except via shortcuts on my desktop. It there a way to bypass this?

If you had read the thread the answer was right there.

Right click on SKSE_Loader.exe go to compatibility, and check "Run as administrator"

then you should be able to run it from Vortex

I need some help. Been playing SSE on Xbox1 with mods since SSE came out, so I get how they work etc.
But I am new to this PC version.
I have not gotten Skyrim to load. Period.
I have Vortex. FNIS is working (I think, haven't actually played the game)
I've done everything that I can find on SKSE64 but no matter what, nothing happens when I click the icon from desktop, or Vortex.
I did it all, copied the files to Skyrim folder, 7zip to Vortex, made the shortcut for the skse64_loader.exe to the desktop.
When I click on the desktop icon, nothing happens. No error. No loading symbol. Just nothing.
This is the same if I try to launch from the Voretx icons and from Steam for both Skyrim and SKSE64.
Nothing actually starts Skyrim. What am I missing?
The only other thing I can find says this "Program Files" situation.
Would that imply me having to completely uninstall EVERYTHING and re-download to save in a different location?
I am completely lost.

First of all, please deactivate ALL mods in Vortex. We don't want any mods to interfere, first the game has to run vanilla with SKSE.

- Start Steam. Skyrim SSE will only start if steam is running. Starting SkyrimSE.exe will launch Steam if it's not already running, but you cannot control which file will then be started by Steam. So it's easier to get around that by starting Steam first.

- Then start SkyrimSE.exe. This will start standard SykrimSE without SKSE. If that doesn't work, your installation is broken. Let us know if that's the case, then we can discuss how to resolve that.

- If SkyrimSE.exe is working, stop the game and try to start it using "skse64_loader.exe". This should start SkyrimSE in SKSE mode. Let us know if that's working please.

• 2 weeks later...

This is extremely odd, when I try to find the executable through vortex (Skse , edit) the folders are different than in file explorer. None of the .exe files show up, am I supposed to just select the folder

(C:)/Program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/skyrim special edition ?

When I select that folder the button for "make primary" still says "Not configured" and when I attempt to run the game through skse.loader it still gives me an error message.

I hate to admit that the installation for skse has never been simple for me, I have never been able to get it to work properly the first time, this is my third time retrying it after a long skyrim hiatus. I've been able to make it work before however...

Whats more irritating is that every video I watch is different, and everyone seems to make assumptions about what your PC is set up like.

Edited by PirateBootyleg

This is extremely odd, when I try to find the executable through vortex (Skse , edit) the folders are different than in file explorer. None of the .exe files show up, am I supposed to just select the folder

When I select that folder the button for "make primary" still says "Not configured" and when I attempt to run the game through skse.loader it still gives me an error message.

I hate to admit that the installation for skse has never been simple for me, I have never been able to get it to work properly the first time, this is my third time retrying it after a long skyrim hiatus. I've been able to make it work before however...

Whats more irritating is that every video I watch is different, and everyone seems to make assumptions about what your PC is set up like.

Where is your game installed, and where is SKSE installed?

With what dialog in Vortex are you searching for the game? If you use the "Manual Select Location" button in the game detection dialog, you actually have to select a DIRECTORY, not an exe file. That's why there are no files displayed in the selection dialog, you only have to navigate into the game's folder and press ok there.

Did you read the installation instructions included in the zip file for SKSE.

It makes installation really easy.