How to disable Notifications/Notification Bell icon?

HadToRegister

Agreed, I sent Feedback from the app. Probably good for a default. Ok for many users to make it easier for them to follow through to the install/enable steps. But there should be an option in Settings to disable certain notifications like install/enable.

Agreed, I sent Feedback from the app. Probably good for a default. Ok for many users to make it easier for them to follow through to the install/enable steps. But there should be an option in Settings to disable certain notifications like install/enable.

Exactly. WAAAAAAY Too Much Info, also, having to click every single one individually to dismiss, after a mod installation session is really boring.

I've clicked more using this UI than I did playing through Diablo 1 and 2 with all the DLC.

WAAAY too much clicking and hunting down things on different tabs that should be on the same tab.

Tannin has plans already for this

Tannin Said:

Some ideas that I think should be part of the basics;
---

* Dismiss All Notifcations - Should be part of the basics actually, with downloading and activation of mods the notifcations can really build up and dismissing one by one gets really annoying as many users can attest to I'm sure. The Dismiss All option of course should rest above all the notifications.

The problem with a "dismiss all" is that you may end up dismissing an important message which got lost between a lot of "noise". For example when you install 20 mods and mod #15 failed you
may only see the "mod installed successfully" messages of mod #1 - #14 and dismiss all.
We have been talking about a solution internally and I think the best solution is to group notifications, so if you install 20 mods and one fails you would get two notifications,
one saying "19 mods installed successfully" and one saying "one mod install failed". Then you could "open" the first notification to get the list of installed mods and enable them but
you'd also have a "dismiss" button for the entire group.
Plus we would not have the notification popup open when a notification is added to an existing group.

*Ability to disable notifications for Downloads/Imports and Mod Enable/Activations.

Makes sense, please send this in as a feedback report so it's easier for us to manage

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6372751-some-ideas/?p=57382966

Tannin has plans already for this

*Ability to disable notifications for Downloads/Imports and Mod Enable/Activations.

Makes sense, please send this in as a feedback report so it's easier for us to manage

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6372751-some-ideas/?p=57382966

I would be happy with about 75% less unnecessary clicking.

It's insane

Everybody seems to want to copy Google with their UIs, or unnecessarily nest often used features under a pile of clicks, and google has the most hate-able UIs with the most amount of unnecessary mouse movement, and unnecessary clicking.

It's insane

Everybody seems to want to copy Google with their UIs, or unnecessarily nest often used features under a pile of clicks, and google has the most hate-able UIs with the most amount of unnecessary mouse movement, and unnecessary clicking.

Remember, this is an alpha, they haven't polished it or added all the features they wanted yet.

It's insane

Remember, this is an alpha, they haven't polished it or added all the features they wanted yet.

Yea I know.

Which is WHY I'm voicing my opinion, so things will be looked at and (hopefully) fixed.

Being quiet during an Alpha only allows things to progress to Beta.

Better to complain in Alpha, than in Final Release.

I don't think we're going to remove the Notification system or allow it to be disabled completely because it's used for messages of varying importance and we need a way to get warnings to the user.

The alternative would be to display all errors, even when they don't require immediate attention (like "a download failed") as modal dialogs, which would be far more intrusive.

We are happy to hear proposals on how to make it less annoying though.

Things we've already planned are

a) group same messages, so for example if you download 10 files their completion messages will appear as one notification (which can be expanded) and one enable and dismiss button for all

b) Add settings to disable specific, "informal" messages, e.g. you can disable the "download completed" notification but not sure if we'd allow disabling messages of the kind "your game settings are invalid, the game is going to crash when you start it"

I don't think we're going to remove the Notification system or allow it to be disabled completely because it's used for messages of varying importance and we need a way to get warnings to the user.

The alternative would be to display all errors, even when they don't require immediate attention (like "a download failed") as modal dialogs, which would be far more intrusive.

We are happy to hear proposals on how to make it less annoying though.

Things we've already planned are

a) group same messages, so for example if you download 10 files their completion messages will appear as one notification (which can be expanded) and one enable and dismiss button for all

b) Add settings to disable specific, "informal" messages, e.g. you can disable the "download completed" notification but not sure if we'd allow disabling messages of the kind "your game settings are invalid, the game is going to crash when you start it"

Sounds reasonable, even disabling the notifications for Enabling/Disabling a mod, as the color change on the Enable/Disable button is enough.

But as is, there's Information Overload

The problem is, is the window starts to obscure the entire interface when there's too many notifications in it, and the only way to get rid of them is to go through the list clicking DISMISS

Maybe an option after a while of Dismissing the SAME things over and over and over again would automatically hide those notifications, or give the option the NEXT time those same type of Notifications pop up "DISMISS / HIDE PERMANENTLY (Can be changed back in options)"

Maybe an option after a while of Dismissing the SAME things over and over and over again would automatically hide those notifications, or give the option the NEXT time those same type of Notifications pop up "DISMISS / HIDE PERMANENTLY (Can be changed back in options)"

I think I prefer the simplicity of a simple switch to stop certain types of informational messages. But if you wanted to get complicated, an alternative would be to make informational messages transient with an expiration. They show up in Notification and disappear after 30 seconds or so. I THINK that would be acceptable too. Best of both worlds because sometimes it IS convenient to reach up there and hit install/enable say if your currently working in another page like DOWNLOADS.