TWD/zombie world map

GoodfellowGoodspring

I'm currently working/playing with a overhaul mod where you awaken in a hospital and the world is zombie infested rather than a nuclear wasteland.

So far ive deleted all Fallout references and just kept the feral ghouls which will be renamed and slowed down with other mods. So the game world has nothing. No npcs and questlines, no fatman,plasma weapons, just the world. In time i will delete all former locations and replace with new ones, maybe adding quests and such. The world will be populated by the dead and remaining living which may be allies or hostile towards you. Base building works nicely with all this and a horde/grouping system would keep players/settlements on their toes.

- Board up all old cities. Diamond City will just be en empty baseball arena etc.
- Only real world weaponary despite the world still looking like its set in the future.
- Items/weapons to be rare, crafting weapons/ammo at home will be a must.
- Emphasis on horror/lighting. The map will be in darkness unless power exists in the area, think settlements and the hospital you start in with backup generators/solar lighting etc.

You think its worth building on? Any interest?

I like the idea in general but you'd need to do a lot more than just rebuild locations. Interestingly, I'm currently playing State of Decay, which does zombies perfectly right. You need a dynamic spawn system, something that enables a noise-based zombie attraction system. And there's probably much more that you need to do to make this an actual challenge.

Never. Never delete the vanilla references from the master file.

Uh? Why?
Because when the game calls for a reference and that reference doesn't exist, game crashes. In other words, such approach makes impossible for users to play with other mods which alter the same references.