Running Wrye Bash exits after splash screen

LawrenceFB

Can you tell me what you did, so I can generate the same detail to attach to my feedback. Thanks for your hard work.

Try clicking on the gear icon in the bottom of WryeBash and check "Debug Mode" a window would open where it should generate any error messages that you can then copy and paste.

Ok, I was hoping there was some command line switch as I did not want to purge everything in case Vortex got it correct on the next deployment.

ÃÂ

Can you tell me what you did, so I can generate the same detail to attach to my feedback. Thanks for your hard work.

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

Try clicking on the gear icon in the bottom of WryeBash and check "Debug Mode" a window would open where it should generate any error messages that you can then copy and paste.

If the program does not open which is the problem most of us are having you cannot access that gear icon to enable debug mode.

What I did was open Command Prompt on my PC, change directory to the Wrye Bash install location and then using the command: "Wrye Bash.exe" -D it tries to launch Wrye Bash with full logging and that is how I as able to get the error report I did.

Edit: When I write any forum posts on my mobile device, it annoyingly replaces any punctuation or special characters in my text with garbage, so have edited this back on my PC to hopefully preserve the accuracy of the original text.

Edited by duckyduckyquackquack

What I did was open Command Prompt on my PC, change directory to the Wrye Bash install location and then using the command: "Wrye Bash.exe" -D it tries to launch Wrye Bash with full logging and that is how I as able to get the error report I did.

Thanks, I will give that a go.

Edit: I needed -d, but produced almost identical results.

I managed to get Wyre Bash 307 beta 2 to work by disabling Autosort in Vortex. This is with the original Skyrim, btw.

306 seems to work with Autosort enabled, but suffers from weird sorting issues, e.g. using Loot sorts the load order, then when you open Wyre Bash the load order changes, with things like Update.esm being placed after the DLCs.

Edited by bibbeh

I managed to get Wyre Bash 307 beta 2 to work by disabling Autosort in Vortex. This is with the original Skyrim, btw.

306 seems to work with Autosort enabled, but suffers from weird sorting issues, e.g. using Loot sorts the load order, then when you open Wyre Bash the load order changes, with things like Update.esm being placed after the DLCs.

Once you get your load order the way you want it

Right click on the FILE title in WryeBash and pick LOCK LOAD ORDER

I was getting the same interaction with NMM and Wryebash being open at the same time, until I locked the load order with Wryebash, now it just gives me a warning that the load order has changed, but Wrye keeps the load order the same

• 2 weeks later...

I found the reason 'Wrye Bash' was crashing. 'Vortex' is not adding Skyrim.esm to '...\AppData\Local\Skyrim\loadorder.txt'. It is not adding Update.esm ether but that is not fatal. I added both and also added them to plugins.txt as well. I have to exit 'Vortex' first or it tends to update them again.

For future reference, you should be able to add the -d flag to the Vortex WryeBash command line. Use the three vertical dot menu in the command block, and choose edit.

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you Purge Mods, then Deploy Mods, then enable them all, and then try to run WryeBash?

Edited by BeowulfSchmidt

For future reference, you should be able to add the -d flag to the Vortex WryeBasch command line. Use the three vertical dot menu in the command block, and choose edit.

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you Purge Mods, then Deploy Mods, then enable them all, and then try to run WryeBash?

I tried -d on command line but it had no affect :sad:. I think other users have reported this. I have been using Vortex all day now that I can have bashed patches. At no time when Vortex has generated the loadorder.txt and/or the plugins.txt files has it put ether Skyrim.esm or Update.esm in ether file. If I add them to loadorder.txt everything is fine. If Skyrim.esm is not present in loadorder.txt Wrye Bash crashes with an obscure error about Skyrim.esm.

If I do not add Update.esm I get warning about Update.esm being in the wrong place. I cannot remember the exact error but adding Update.esm directly after Skyrim.esm in loadorder.txt keeps Wrye Bash happy.