Is it possible to rename a mod ?

ALIESSA88

• 2 weeks later...

Why would it not allow you to change the name of downloaded only mods? That makes it pretty painful to have to manually search for oddly named mods. Vortex should not have released until it at least had the functionality of NMM.

Because you could accidently delete id number and/or version number of the download. Besides, you CAN rename mods - in Mods section double click and change the name in the right panel.

Vortex should not have released until it at least had the functionality of NMM.

Given that there is likely some functionality of NMM that will never be implemented, that basically means that Vortex would never be released.

As well, this is an alpha, which is clearly posted in multiple places on the download page. It's not a stretch to think that there might still be some features not fully implemented.

Programs like this are never feature complete. There's always something. Claiming that it shouldn't have been released is like saying that one shouldn't taste the soup until it's on the table.

It isn't released, it is in alpha, not even beta yet so there is a lot of work for them to do. I do hope they add the option to rename downloads at some point even if they aren't installed. What I could possibly do by accident shouldn't take away functionality.

It isn't released, it is in alpha, not even beta yet so there is a lot of work for them to do. I do hope they add the option to rename downloads at some point even if they aren't installed. What I could possibly do by accident shouldn't take away functionality.

Hmm, problem with this is, that a common user would rename it, then blame it on Vortex. An experienced user is not common.

• 1 month later...

Why would it not allow you to change the name of downloaded only mods? That makes it pretty painful to have to manually search for oddly named mods. Vortex should not have released until it at least had the functionality of NMM.

Because you could accidently delete id number and/or version number of the download. Besides, you CAN rename mods - in Mods section double click and change the name in the right paneHow would

I'm sorry, how would I "accidentally" change an ID number or version number when changing the name? I'm guessing that's never been a problem for anybody. It's like saying I can't change folder names in windows because I might accidentally erase it. The bottom line is that it's the most basic functionality you could ask for and it already exists for installed mods, so there is simply no reason for it not to be there for downloads.

Vortex should not have released until it at least had the functionality of NMM.

Given that there is likely some functionality of NMM that will never be implemented, that basically means that Vortex would never be released.

As well, this is an alpha, which is clearly posted in multiple places on the download page. It's not a stretch to think that there might still be some features not fully implemented.

Programs like this are never feature complete. There's always something. Claiming that it shouldn't have been released is like saying that one shouldn't taste the soup until it's on the table.

I'm not asking for an outrageous feature, it's basic functionality that already exists for part of the program, renaming files is basic functionality in almost every program of this nature and it's silly not to make it available for downloads.