• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

DaughertyUSMC

DaughertyUSMC

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Very interested in this tool - any way I can actually save my constructs and apply to a new game would be extremely appreciated!! If you could help me find one, that'd be awesome!

What I would do in this instance (Beginning a fresh game) is to play through to the initial Vault exit, and then install my mods that would have adversely affected my game, had they been installed before Pre-war Sanct/Vault exit. I then would wait until I had completed Preston's/Sturgis Sanctuary needs (building the beds, etc. and making it into a settlement, BEFORE scrapping/building anything. It seems that if one scraps all the damaged homes straight away, before completing that initial Sanctuary quest thing, etc, and builds new structures (housing), THEN adds beds, Sturgis does not recognize these, and will forevermore pester one to add beds into one of the post-war houses (already removed) or however his damned dialogue goes, lol. So one MUST retain the original post-war homes until the quest involving bed-building has been completed. It is at this point I would then activate my "Clean and Smooth Sanctuary Hills" mod, and add in my saved structures that this tool you describe could make possible, so again, I would love to have this available!

I just wish there was a way to keep the NPC's, EXCEPT my five followers (Using AFT mod), OUT of my personal building set up as my own home there. I placed powered doors with manual switching that have to be turned on to open the door, but these settlers just glitch right on in and hang out. This really bothers me for some reason, but it actually feels like a home invasion.

Too immersive? lol Or perhaps I need a real hobby. But I have already done everything/been everywhere, deployed in 3 conflicts as a Recon Marine (G/Sgt ret), owned and ridden my Harleys, bedded exotic women (the good looking ones) been married w/children, tracked wolves, and numerous other pastimes, so gaming is about all that's left and is important to me at this late date in life.

This modding is all learn by trial and error - I just have an aversion to repeating stuff (I never watch a movie, or read a book twice - never saw the point after I know what happens - time to move on) Hence, starting yet another new game is ... well I haven't quite reached that point in game failures yet.

To answer your question above, I have BOTH NMM and Mod Mgr installed, but am ONLY using NMM. It now seems to work great for some reason! Mods installed via Beth.net ONLY show up w/their respective plugins in the plugins tab, BUT they all activate just fine and show up in game, as well as the Nexus Mods. This thing with the Fallout 4 .esm needing to be placed into the /Downloading folder, I cannot address as I have no idea what that was about. I have since re-installed NMM - which is what it took to make it work properly, and as I have NOT removed the .esp from the Downloading folder, I can't say if the NMM still wants it there or not, but it hasn't hurt anything to let it sit in there. Nothing additional has yet been added to the Downloading folder, either by myself, or the game - everything remains properly installed to the Common/Fallout4/Data folder.

I do NOT attempt to use two Mod managing tools simultaneously, btw, and I haven't needed to touch Loot at all as yet- NMM is handling everything I need done, just fine by itself, now that I have learned how to manipulate the plugin tab load order myself. I understand that NMM and Loot "read" one another, or least work in tandem "behind the scenes" in some fashion, so that things are placed right, or at least I saw something that lead me to believe this on NMM.

Still having issues with either CBBE, BodySlide, or both, in conjunction with additional (CBBE approved) body mods. I have limited these to about two in number, having already disabled and/or removed others I felt were in conflict. It was a matter of a secondary body mod asking to overwrite CBBE, and not understanding what exactly would be overwritten, therefore whether to click "Yes to all, or NO to all", I may have made wrong choices. I do not see any reason to firmly believe that either additional body mods are actually causing the issues I describe - I believe it likely it is simply something I am doing wrong with these tools. I could also be way off base, and discover that something is indeed conflicted, but I would need help to discover this. It really sucks no longer knowing anyone savvy with the skillsets needed to masterfully mod a game and determine problems and fixes. I used to in Idaho, and we would simply set up a remote viewing session and he'd just go through my game stuff, find any issues and make the corrections, while explaining to me in Ventrilo, what the issues were, and how he's fixing them. But this requires a modicum of trust in folks, and I know no one now that fits the criteria.

Still can't build clothing items and give them to my followers without their skin textures doing that patchwork color thing, Mod generated NPC's from i.e. Fusion City Rising Mod show up with this same issue with the skin. Abernathy family all have purple heads, as well as additional random NPC's throughout the game world. I still do not understand the Batch build process as opposed to just a simple single preset build, or apparently how to assign these things to groups for no conflicts, etc. I cant seem to upload a screenshot because they exceed the size limit Nexus imposes, even after scaling  them down with an editor, otherwise I screenshot some good examples of what I am seeing, so you could better determine a fix (if possible). Someone reported the same(ish) issue to the author(s) of the Fusion City Rising mod, on their bugs tab, and the response is difficult to recall now without hunting it down again, but it seemed too technical for my limited experience to try, and therefore dangerous to my game as is, to attempt, and it seemed to really address a separate problem, not necessarily related to my own. So I don't know what to do yet to fix this.  Whatever it IS, it has to be something to do with my created .xml's and whatever changes were made to the .nif's. If it is a matter of a simple copy/paste/delete remedy I can do that, but if it means overwriting various files and entering new values, etc, unless it's a simple .ini, I can't do that with any confidence yet. and I wouldn't know what to write in until someone dropped it into my lap so to speak. If I need to remove my custom .xml preset saves, and begin over, I can do that, but am concerned with the effect on my followers this will have.

Before I forget - AFT (Amazing Follower Tweaks), in response to other players using this mod and experiencing various (and serious) issues e.g problems with followers not doing this or that, affecting follower quests outcomes (or lack thereof) and so on, replied that we should remove all .pex files from the /Data/Scripts folder in order to make this mod function correctly. From what I read this morning, .pex files are mainly associated with F4se function, chiefly on the mod creator side of things. I have F4se installed along with Creation Kit - I use a large mod that required these, and their use to edit the Texture files and reduce their size; increase frame-rate. It was done via .cmd lines, and pasting into temp. holding folders, after first backing up ALL the original files to be changed. When the process is complete, one simply overwrites the files with the new versions by copying the newly created Texture files from the holding folder, directly into the Data folder, which, having the same file names, simply replaces the old files. The backed up Texture files saved to desktop, can easily be replaced into the Data folder to undo any issues arising from the new edited files, btw. This was very easy to accomplish correctly, though I do not recall this mod's name now. It had no adverse effects on any other game aspects (the file edits)

However, getting back to the .pex file thing - as I had removed the .pex's from /Scripts and into a folder on desktop for safekeeping just incase, this begs the question of whether or not these files are needed for other things the game does? Game failures for the sake of a single mod seems like a very unbalanced tradeoff, but atm I am only experiencing random, very long game transitions during fast travel or going through doors that lead to another cell, occasionally it even fails to load and the wee icon at bottom right just keeps on "'spinning it's wheels" on an other wise blank, black screen. I don't savvy if this is a separate unrelated mod issue, or a .pex thing. And my FPS is all over the map - at times, things run smooth as silk, and then, reloading the same save, movement is staccato and freezy. I have DLC Ultra High Resolution, and HudFramework mods installed, thinking this may help these FPS issues, and am wondering about using ENB, or perhaps none of these are doing my game any good, and are causing issues? Not a problem (hopefully no resulting serious save corruption) to remove these if needed. Obviously I do not know what the hell I am doing, and have no business messing with the more complex mods, but too late now - they are installed, and removal can seriously f**k up a game, and then I WOULD have to start all over, not being able to trust any previous saves to reload to a new game so I could pick up where I left off.

WastelandAssassin

WastelandAssassin

Your Friendly Neighborhood Assassin

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,455 posts

the mod for transferring settlements is https://www.nexusmod...out4/mods/22442

the description also has a video Gopher made on this , which you can use to learn how this works , and how to use this to export your settlements

If you could post a picture of your load order and installed mods , that would help to try and figure out the issues

and if you can also add screenshots that show the issues , that would also help

if you can't upload them here , you should upload them to an image hosting site , and post shortcuts to it here

If you have installed several body mods , it is likely that you've caused issues when uninstalling them

I would recommend that you uninstall all body mods , and install CBBE afterwards

after this , test the game , and see if females have the proper body models , and that textures show up properly (if you use mods that require a specific texture mod , install it after CBBE)

once this works properly , try using BodySlide again , and see if the changes you make take place in the game

if you have any problems with batch building , you should check Gopher's video again . but the idea is you create a group of models (or use the existing ones) , and instead of having to build each model individually , you just build every model in the category in one go . saves a lot of time

DaughertyUSMC

DaughertyUSMC

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Roger to all above, and a huge Thank you! for providing the link for Settlement Transfer. Just installed that, in fact. Did all of the correct stuff pertaining to F4SE as per Gopher's video, and F4SE loads the game correctly.

As for CBBE, I had, as you guessed, already uninstalled all but two additional body mods, and these are both currently disabled and have been for a couple days - enough for several game play sessions to have occurred w/out them, and this was in effect when I posted here earlier today with regard to this particular issue.

I have a couple other semi-related mods still active but in a completely different NMM category - do these need to go as well? They are in catagories:

Body, Face and hair

Clothing

Armor

These Mods incl various underwear mods, face mods that go with companion creation mods, Pampas Set, CROSS, and a couple other clothing Mods.

Unfortunately, I am unsuccessful in attempts to create screenshots OUTSIDE of game, my only available method is to use the PrtScn key, and I have no idea where or IF, these are ending up in my file locations. I have searched all over, incl my Windows default ScreenShots folder, and found nothing, so printing a copy of my NMM stuff is problematic for now. I DO have good shots from game that show the effects on body textures I previously explained, and these I will have to upload to my Box.com which will provide a direct link you can use to view them. Perhaps you'll see something that you can advise further upon. I'll get started on this immediately. Stand by for next post. Again, Thank you!

DaughertyUSMC

DaughertyUSMC

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Ok ...  found a Windows tool "Snippet" I didn't even know was there, which creates snapshots, etc. As per your request, I took shots of my Mods in NMM, and then all the plugins - 11 files total in .PNG format. Below is the link to my Box.com online storage. This link SHOULD grant you viewing/downloading privileges - please let me asap if for some reason you cannot access the folder. Assuming you can, let me know your thoughts. Be advised that I DID alter a couple items in the load order after the shots were taken - couple disabled things removed, couple mods re-installed, and re-ordered in the LO, but nothing drastic, so what you see is 99% still as is.

What was added back:

"Fusion City Rising" (appearing orange at bottom of load order), and couple peripheral mods that bring hookers into the mix in Fusion City, and a standalone that introduces them to various locations in the Commonwealth, itself.

What was deleted:

The three red circled  mods you will notice - these were related to the CBBE stuff, disabled two days ago and deleted tonight.

Here's the link:

https://app.box.com/...hkreeae8jhmzcas

Here's another link (same place) that gives you listening access to some of my own guitar tracks I recorded and produced, for your pleasure while looking at boring .PNG's. Listen with an open mind - I am only one guy doing all the guitar work (Some songs have all 8 instances of guitar tracks w/various effects) One track, "Prelude" has a hired studio backing in the song with bass, flute, violins, and a viola at the end bar) I added the drumming in two tracks from my effects processor. Note my profile pic shows my guitars - guess how many folks have seen that on FB and still didn't know I played? LMAO

Here's that link:

https://app.box.com/shared/tzhaym91gp

I can be reached direct at [email protected] (my preferred means of contact)

Or Facebook @

https://www.facebook...ke.daugherty.57

WastelandAssassin

WastelandAssassin

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,455 posts

well , I didn't notice anything too drastic there

nothing that I would really worry about

so try doing what I suggested , with uninstalling and reinstalling CBBE , and testing if it works properly now

for in game screenshots , I don't remember the location where the screenshots are generated

but if you can't find it , you can just paste the image to Paint (after using Print Screen to take it) , and save it that way

I don't really know of a better way , as I never really take in game screenshots anyhow

DaughertyUSMC

DaughertyUSMC

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Sounds good. Keep ya apprised of developments as I go. 

Interesting thing happens in game, that at first had me mad as hell - I use the Pip-Pad 3500 as a replacer for the vanilla pipboy, and one day I made the mistake of not uninstalling it correctly, which "breaks" things. This happened before I discovered and installed F4se and MCM. MCM provides the necessary uninstall preparation for the Pip-Pad from the pause/save/load screen in-game. This way you can exit the pip-pad and await the on-screen verification that tells you it can be safely uninstalled, and I assume this means from NMM once you close the game.

Anyway, as I mentioned a bit ago, I use the mod Amazing Follower Tweaks, which provides a holotape to the "Aid" tab in one's Pip device. It provides the several drop down menus needed for just about anything having to do with followers one could want. It can also adversely affect things in the game if improperly installed, etc. and can affect the Pip device as well.

Because I had improperly uninstalled the Pip-Pad due to something it was doing that was wrong, it made my wrists and hands invisible. The mod site warns about this, and there is no real fix in the present game, because files are apparently written to that predate the saves folder. A new game is normally required to fix this. I managed, however - as persistent as I can be - to find a different work around that involves a mod that replaces the missing hands and wrists - no need to wear gloves 24/7 anymore.

Still, the relationship between the current Pip-Pad I use, and the AFT control panel holo, is pooched - the AFT holo which visibly emulates the Pip-Pad when activated, has gone invisible - I can still hear it's clicks and such as I use the scroll button on my controller, so I know it's there - just can't see the damn thing! Which does me no good if I can't see what commands to issue a follower, or follower group, right?

I discovered yet another work-around for this as well. Something - call it a gut feeling - started me wondering what would happen if I tried out the Pip-Pad uninstall preparation in the MCM. So I went ahead and used it, exited the Pip-Pad as directed, and waited for the confirmation on the game screen. It arrived and that was where I stopped, rather than proceed with the final uninstall process. Pip-Pad still works perfectly, and so does the AFT Control Panel, AND I still have my hands and wrists.  I have had to do this twice, so something, whether loading a specific previous save, ending a game session and beginning another, or just random mod-crap, canceled out the first "repair". But it takes only a few seconds to do it and yur good to go.

Others have reported an invisible Pip-Pad problem to the mod author in the mod's download page under "Posts" and "Bugs", and it seemed after reading these posts, that no real solutions were presented. I notice oftentimes that Mod authors will strongly warn of consequences if the mod is handled wrong, and they will let that suffice as any help forthcoming - users have been warned - it's up to them to read and follow the instructions and warnings provided - if they do not, well then they are simply SOL.

Thought I would share this experience with you - info is always valuable in my book.

DaughertyUSMC

DaughertyUSMC

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

I have a question for you ....

I have successfully exported my two settlements into the appropriate folder, etc, and am readying things in NMM to start a new game. A couple mods need to be deactivated first so things aren't messed up at the beginning stages of the game. I will reactivate these when it's the right time in the game. Which leads me to my question - What happens to my mods when a new game is started? What I mean is do they disappear from NMM (incl Beth.net mods), simply deactivate, or do they remain functional. Do I lose my load order?

That's it - that's all I have

Thanx!

MD

WastelandAssassin

WastelandAssassin

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,455 posts

I'm not sure I follow you

what happens to mods when you start a new game? mods aren't attached to specific characters (unless you use MO with different mod profiles for different characters , which you do not)

the mods you'll have depend on the mods you'll have active before opening the game , and starting a new character

if you deactivate a mod , the mod will obviously not be functional at that point . so deactivating mods will change your load order as well

when you reactivate the mods , you will need to rebuild your load order (unless you can export your load order to a file now , and import it back after you reenable the mods again , which I'm not sure you can do with NMM)

you do need to make sure you know what you are doing , in terms of activating mods after starting a new character

some mods need to be activated from the very beginning , others might not work properly if you activate them at a later stage . so you need to make sure you are doing this with mods that are supposed to be activated later

I hope that answers your question , but I have a feeling I just misunderstand your question here , so if you could explain it , I hope I can provide a better answer

DaughertyUSMC

DaughertyUSMC

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Ok .... as an example of when to begin a mod and when NOT to, take Nora (the spouse in the game) I use a mod that allows her to have recovered from her gunshot wound, and she escapes V 111, at some point prior to my own getting out. She is discovered (quest) at Abernathy Farm, where they took her in. I have all the main settlements modded with "Clean And Smooth ......". Nora's Mod needs to run at game's start, and most of my Clean and Smooth Mods I set to do so as well. BUT, if I run Clean And Smooth - Abernathy Farm at game beginning, this could mess up the quest to find Nora. So I held off on activating that one, until after she became my companion. Smooth and Clean - Sanctuary Hills also had to await completion of the "Sanctuary" Quest - the one where Sturgis asks me to build beds using the ruined homes to place them. If I clean up Sanctuary Hills before that is completed, and have installed buildings I built, the game does not recognize these as fulfilling that quest, and it will go incomplete. So I finish that quest - THEN install the Clean and Smooth mod there.  Especially now that I have a "Settlement Transfer to complete there as well, and IT has to wait on the cleaned up settlement to happen. I have another Mod that requires I wait until completion of "Nuclear Option" before it is activated - has to do with the Minutemen with different "End-Game" options that should be fun to do.

As for load order, so far NMM has done a great job in maintaining mine. Any adjustments I make to it, show up directly on the L.O. screen in the game's Start Menu to a "T". I know which mods need the top, and which require the bottom - these are few in number, actually, and most of my many mods are comfortable wherever. I DO keep them categorically aligned, .esm's over add-ons, etc. The only real issue I had mod-wise themselves was trying to remember where the hell to find various things they provide in the game world. Some are quest awarded, but some are just laying somewhere waiting on me to locate them.

The Settlement Transfer worked amazingly well! Just a few power wires got mislaid, but this was a quick and easy fix. Thanx for that!

Now - the bad news as of last night:

I read up on Bethesda's "DLC High Resolution Pack. I had it installed (actually, Steam took it upon themselves to automatically download it to my PC), and it has given me nothing but grief in Frame-Rate drops, Stuttering movement, freezes, and CTD's on occasion. I read a LOT of folks complaints along the same lines of problems, and it's removal was discussed - a lot. I was told to simply delete the numerous .ba2 files, and the one .esm file, and this would thoroughly remove it from my game. I did of course, uninstall it with NMM first. It was the wrong move however. This resulted in random NPC's having purple heads, they all have those mottled, patchwork discolorations all over there bodies, my companions have "Black Face", even after installing a mod that's supposed to fix this, and targets the High Res Pack specifically to undo it's damage to the game - didn't do anything for me. Random sructures, walls, concrete floors, terrain features, and myriad game items, are all purple. I removed all of CBBE and related, and it was worse. Now the game began CTD'ing after start-up and trying to load a save. I tried previous saves until finding one that would load, but first off - things are still purple, and second - all I have available at start-up are saves from the previous game I replaced - not sure how THAT happened. So a LOT, and I mean A LOT of work has been lost, not to mention quite a few completed quests, etc.

And to top it off,  can't seem to get to a download page to re-download the F'g game and begin anew. Steam wanted me to install Steam just now, even though it always been there on my PC, and it hasn't presented me a download option, shows nothing in my library. and so on. I have always disliked Stream, more so now.

WastelandAssassin

WastelandAssassin

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,455 posts

try Steam again , but instead of going to their site and trying to download the game again , try opening Steam on your PC , and verifying file structure

this should detect the files you are missing , and download them again

maybe you've been somehow disconnected from Steam (so you need to enter your account again) , or something of that sort

you should consider that the high resolution texture pack isn't a mod you've downloaded and installed with NMM , so you shouldn't try to uninstall it via NMM

so you've probably removed some of the textures the game needs to function properly

from what I know , all you really need to do is deactivate the 3 plugins , and thus the game just won't load the high resolution BA2 archives , so you've basically deactivated this DLC (and yeah , it's really poorly optimized , like most of what Bethesda does , only really worse)

if you can't verify game integrity , try going for a fresh installation of it (I doubt Steam won't work for you , maybe it had a momentary lapse , but it should work properly)

Page loaded in: 0.652 seconds