• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

DaughertyUSMC

DaughertyUSMC

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

I totally agree - my uninstallation "attempt" was a less than stellar brain-fart. Missing textures would definitely be the culprit as a result. In fact, it was so bad that all my saves became immediately corrupted to the point that the game refused to load them. And then ..... and this is the weird part - that whole game simply disappeared and it reverted back to my previous game (the one I had initially replaced) and my primary NPC's are fine - and everything looks grand - added NPC's via mods still have that crazy body skin texture, but nothing is purple! lol I can simply disable the various mod plug-ins for these added in NPC's if it bothers me too much.

If I DO however, change my follower females bodies using AFT, it gives them that same messed up texture, but I have a mod that provides a craftable "NudeClean" thing I can give them like a clothing item and equip them with which does as it says, and cleans up the texture back to what it should be. With this done I can clothe them in shorts and not see that crazed texture on exposed legs and arms. In a nutshell, I have the game working - missions function, scenery looks great - don't try to fix what ain't broken this time around. I have certain things in the L.O. set, and I don't allow anything to change their position, as it seems that the smallest inadverdant change can ruin a game.

Live and learn, as they say.

I guess that now - and  am happy to say - my one big issue is the amount of "junk" modders put into their added buildings, grounds etc - I am OCD in RL and cannot abide "clutter" so I used to spend hours scrapping and cleaning settlements just to rid my game of the crap Bethesda seems to feel is needed to add their version of an "immersive" touch. Finding all those tiny "fuses" laying about, or single, un-boxed rounds - what a pain the arse! lol This is why I have every "Clean and Smooth" mod installed - the author of these mods does a great job, and saves me hours of work at each settlement. So I find a real cool New Location type mod that gives us a real nice new piece of real estate, with maybe a whole town, some added NPC action, and maybe a lore-friendly quest to go with it, and I download/install it thinking this will be fun. Yet what do I find? They threw in a ton of junk I don't need or want. I build massively within my expanded settlements and use a hell of a lot of scrap - "Cheat Room" gives me a roomful of foot lockers that provide over 65,000 of everything, so I can run this stuff over to my workbenches and they are set for life with ample supplies - one less thing to mess with - scrapping for crap. Yup - I use cheats - ones that allow unlimited carry weight, a built in jet-pack - no need for cumbersome PA, and only  few others - these are to free up activities I simply do not enjoy in the game, and allows me to focus on MY mission in-game. What I DO NOT do is mess with my natural perks aquisition, and related - these remain as vanilla as the milkshakes I enjoy. And for good reasons based upon how the game was designed to function as opposed to changing these things up and then experiencing all manner of unforeseen issues - no thanx!. 

DaughertyUSMC

DaughertyUSMC

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

https://app.box.com/...hkreeae8jhmzcas  <<< Same link you used last time to view my mod stuff. I just uploaded a screenshot of what both vanilla AND mod created NPC's bodies look like - as I have previously tried to explain verbally. ALL males/females, incl my followers are afflicted with this body texture nightmare. And I cannot even come close to figuring out how to fix this. This has persisted almost the entire time I've played this game.

The ONLY thing I have found to fix JUST my followers, or those I can actually initiate a trade with, is a mod called "A Sex Mod".  It's primary function is to allow a visible sex act with a follower, BUT it does provide a setting under which one can create What's called "NudeClean" (or Dirty) which can be made on the fly via it's holo in PipBoy. This can then be traded over to the target NPC, and treated as an article of clothing one assigns to be worn. It DOES use the current CBBE body build in use. 

However, there are very few clothing/armor types that can be used with it. Anything made at the chemistry bench such as "Pampas", certain underwears, High heels outfits, skirts, and revealing armor-types, causes the follower to revert back to a body texture matching the one in the screenshot, posted to the link, above. 

I can play it "safe" by dressing my 5 followers in the Mod-created UIF captured fatigues, which work as far as I know - these are full coverage garments, and just ignore the horrible discoloration on everyone else, but this does not address the issue, and bottom line - this bothers me a hell of a lot, knowing it is there.

Any ideas on what I can do?

Edited by DaughertyUSMC, 21 March 2018 - 02:20 AM.

WastelandAssassin

WastelandAssassin

Your Friendly Neighborhood Assassin

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

maybe try installing a texture mod that works with CBBE?

there are plenty of such mods , and I believe there are even suggestions in the CBBE mod page

it might fix the issue (though I'm not sure it will)

DaughertyUSMC

DaughertyUSMC

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Roger that ... Thank you!

DaughertyUSMC

DaughertyUSMC

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

After further looking into this issue, I stumbled into a discussion where the author strongly recommended getting the FO4 folder "the hell out" of the C:/Program Files (x86), and moving to just the C:/ drive itself (C:/ being my hard drive designation) and it could be placed into as an example, the Games folder located there. Apparently, when Steam downloads the game, it default places it to the (x86) for Win 10 users, and this location creates big issues within the game, incl affecting NPC textures, etc.

I attempted this move, and at first the game wouldn't even start, or would CTD within 30 seconds at the load screen. As there are several folder location dependencies in various other places (Documents, AppData, etc) it becomes a question of how to point file paths to the new game folder location. NMM, and BodySlide had the same issues but are way easier to fix - however,  I do not know how to point a folder or file path to a new destination. I ended up unsuccessful overall, and had to put the game folder back where it was originally. 

Do you know anything about this supposed importance of removing FO4 from /Program Files (x86)?

I have considered just buying the disc for the game at GameStop, and doing away with the Steam side of things entirely, but am afraid of losing all my mods by uninstalling the Steam version. I am not sure if NMM stores my mods after a game is uninstalled - especially as half of them come from the Bethesda Mod page. I have terrible luck at finding mods with them - I continuously get "Time-Outs" and have to re-enter my log-in, which interrupts downloading, not to mention having to hunt down from memory, what mods I have now. Don't wanna go there!

But with the disc, I can install the game where I want.

Anything you can tell me or recommend would be great! Thanx!

Edited by DaughertyUSMC, 27 March 2018 - 02:37 PM.

DrakeTheDragon

DrakeTheDragon

Resident poster

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,021 posts

I knew of a guide specifically targeted to modding these games in the past explaining how to move a Steam-installed game outside of program files, but now I can't find it anymore off the top of my head. However, I think this link should help as well: https://www.howtogee...downloading-it/

DaughertyUSMC

DaughertyUSMC

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Thank you, DrakeTheDragon!  I happened to have on hand a WD "My Passport"  1 TB usb drive, which I was able to format for this procedure of moving my game over. The link you provided was spot on to my needs! Again, this was highly appreciated!

Question:

As I have migrated just the game folder over to the new drive, this still leaves the bulk of the Steam Folder itself in it's original location: Program Files (x86), and I assume this is ok to leave alone?

I have run into some issues after the migration with new installations of CBBE and BodySlide/Outfit Studio, both missing several of their respective data files (textures and meshes, etc for CBBE, and .xrc and a lot more for BS/OS - the files are in the downloads I am sure - modders are not going to simply omit needed files from their mods/updates, so for some reason, these files are just not making the trip to their proper folders when installing these mods. Reckon I will just have to work this out somehow. I have made several attempts at installing both mods, using both NMM AND manually installing. Manually installing BS/OS does provide the missing files, that didn't show up using NMM, and I simply copied them into their proper locations. BodySlide will now load either via it's installation folder .exe 64, or through NMM. However all the slider sets, presets, groups, and categories are blank - which indicates missing files for CBBE, Upon checking, I discovered this to be the case - textures and meshes are missing  the critical files, BS/OS requires for anything to show up in the dropdown selection lists. I find this interesting as, all of my other 200 mods work fine, and the game itself runs fine, post-migration .... (so far) ...... with the one exception that I have lost the vanilla sound (Ambient sounds i.e. rain, wind,  birds - everything having to do with the environment) In the pause screen, the vanilla audio settings  for rain, thunder, etc, are simply gone;  their sliders missing. My True Storms mod shows it's sliders there, but it's rain still makes no sound. Now THIS I have no clue how to fix, or where to look if it's something I can edit back, and it happened BEFORE I moved the game over. I know this would be a mod-conflict related problem, but by merely removing the "True Storms" mod I don't think those missing sliders will magically re-appear on their own - probably looking at re-installing the entire game to correct this, and once I do, all my mods will be de-activated and gone on the Bethesda.net side of things, and a lot of them I didn't "Favorite",  which means I won't remember which ones they were to find and download them again. Hopefully, they will be saved in a text file somewhere on my PC. NMM shows ALL my plug-ins regardless of origin, but provides no info for mods NOT from Nexus, and they do not appear in the Mods list on NMM. I have exported my NMM plugins LO to DT, and hopefully this will provide some clue to what mods are missing - my Transferred Settlements blueprints depend upon several of these Bethesda mods.

So meanwhile, as for the BS/OS issues, I am manually downloading CBBE as I write this, and will physically install the data files myself, and hope this works! :smile:

Edited by DaughertyUSMC, 28 March 2018 - 05:09 PM.

Page loaded in: 0.777 seconds