Adding Perks

Xylozi

Looked into some of the perk effects, seems they are controlled via some internal function. This is defined in perk_soul_ability.xml, which links the ability to a perk.

Here is a list of the abilities with their ids for reference:

0 - Lets you jump aside during combat.
1 - You've learned to fend off the opponent's blow with a well-timed block.
2 - Riposte
3 - Unlocks the ability to conduct feints in combat.
4 - Lets you cripple people from a crouching position.
5 - Allows you to kill from stealth. You have to have a dagger.
6 - You're able to dehorse opponents.
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 - Increases your chance of pickpocketing someone with the same Charisma level as you have. Such people are usually dressed similarly to you.
11 -
12 - The movement of the cursor in a pickpocketing victim's inventory will be twice as fast.
13 - 
14 - The first time you first look at fresco, cross or wayside shrine, your Charisma will increase temporarily by +2.
15 - Your level of study of the book you've read most of will advance automatically while sleeping or skipping time.
16 - 
17 - You can eat raw meat.
18 - When brewing you can make one extra mistake without affecting the result.
19 - The benefits of alcohol last twice as long, and unless you drink yourself to oblivion, you suffer no negative effects. But once sober, your hangover will also last twice as long.
20 -
21 - You get drunk on 50% less alcohol, saving your hard-earned Groschen, and your hangover the next day lasts only half as long. 
22 - You'll never drink yourself to oblivion, but the negative effects of your hangover will be 30% stronger.
23 - You can now auto-brew potions you have brewed once before, but you can only brew one.
24 - Autobrewing will produce three potions for the price of one.
25 - The wine you get is 50% weaker, so you can drink more, but beer is twice as strong and will make you more drunk.
26 - The beer you get is 50% weaker, so you can drink more, but wine is twice as strong and will make you drunk faster. 
27 - Spirits are 50% weaker for you, so you can drink more.
28 - When drunk, you get a 50% bonus on Speech and Charisma, when hungover these stats drop by 50%. 
29 - When you successfully brew a potion, you get one extra.
30 - You can dispel hunger with anything. You won't suffer from eating poisoned or spoiled food, but neither will you have any positive effect from it. Does not apply to alcohol.
31 - Cured or cooked food in your inventory will spoil 20% more slowly.
32 - 
33 - Potions will fill you up 30% less, which means you can drink more of them and more often.
34 - 
35 - Your attacks from behind will be one third stronger. 
36 - You grew up in impoverished conditions, so comfort of beds is inverted for you. The worse the bed, the better you sleep, and vice versa.
37 - You'll be able to get offal from hunted game.
38 - Enables you to get antlers from hunted animals.
39 - You're able to remove tusks from some animals.
40 - You're able to skin dead animals.
41 - Raw foods in your inventory won't spoil so fast.
42 - Healing potions will heal you 50% more, but will also intoxicate you 50% more. 
43 - A successful evasion during combat will lower your opponent's morale. 
44 - Hunt attack
45 - Mercy kill
46 - Firt Aid I
47 - In dialogues you'll see your counterpart's stats in skillchecks. 
48 - A sword you've sharpened yourself has a 15% greater chance of causing bleeding.
49 - A weapon you've sharpened yourself will cause 15% greater damage to your opponent's armour and equipment.
50 - Each blow in an uninterrupted chain will hurt your opponent more than the previous one. Any interruption will cancel the bonus.
51 - If you're wearing boots you repaired yourself, sprinting will cost you 20% less Stamina, so you can run for longer.
52 - Every item of clothing you're wearing that you've repaired yourself adds 0.5 to Charisma, up to a maximum bonus of +2. Doesn't apply to armour. 
53 - When you repair your own armour you're able to pad it so it doesn't jangle as much and lower your stealth ability.
54 - Weapons you repair with a repair kit have a 10% stronger attack, until they get too damaged.
Edited by Xylozi

Hey Sir, I managed to create my own perks according to your guidance but how do I edit the localization file so that it is compatible with the perks I created? Because now my own perks name and descriptions are blank in-game and I can't learn them even tho I had skill points available.

Edited by jccy91

Hey Sir, I managed to create my own perks according to your guidance but how do I edit the localization file so that it is compatible with the perks I created? Because now my own perks name and descriptions are blank in-game and I can't learn them even tho I had skill points available.

In the perk.xml file you need to come up with your own perk_ui_desc="perk_description_name_desc" and then you use that name in text_ui_soul.xml inside english_xml.pak file.

You just need to add:

<Row>

<Cell>perk_your_name_desc</Cell>

<Cell>Your own description</Cell>

</Row>

Then you need to do the same thing in the buff.xml file you need to come up with a buff_desc="buff_your_name_desc" and add it to the text_ui_soul.xml too:

<Row>

<Cell>buff_your_name_desc</Cell>

</Row>

I'm pretty sure its possible to create a perk that is hidden (visibility="0"). This lets you create a buff without a visible perk related to it.

You can assign the perk automatically to Henry by adding the perk to the soul2perk.xml. Henry's soul_id is 43144483-f3bb-fab8-9ceb-f77e3020598a

I tried to create a hidden perk but it seems that editing soul2perk.xml somehow make the game CTD when using fast travel. Any idea on how to fix this ?

Edited by Smarjeon

I'm pretty sure its possible to create a perk that is hidden (visibility="0"). This lets you create a buff without a visible perk related to it.

You can assign the perk automatically to Henry by adding the perk to the soul2perk.xml. Henry's soul_id is 43144483-f3bb-fab8-9ceb-f77e3020598a

I tried to create a hidden perk but it seems that editing soul2perk.xml somehow make the game CTD when using fast travel. Any idea on how to fix this ?

That's weird I tried it and the fast traveling worked just fine for me.

That's weird I tried it and the fast traveling worked just fine for me.

I tried a lot of different things and it worked with another save. It's weird indeed !

When I want to reduce the Sound I make while moving I Need to choose the fsm Parameter, right? Is it

params="fsm*0,25"

for a reduction of 75%? Or what's the correct math here? :D

Another question would be, if there's a Parameter for draw Speed of the bow? Haven't found it in your list.

Thanks in advance!